Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 00.
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the qualification requirements for a Senior Advisor to the Director National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, SL-0685-00.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Provides information and updates to senior leadership regarding vital issues, multi-functional studies, analytical approaches, expert-level findings, and substantive recommendations that are primarily used as the basis for key executive-level management decisions.
3. Provides leadership and collaborates with program officials and executives in the development and implementation of long-range public health programs.
4. Serves as a senior level advisor that interprets information and briefs management officials on directives and guidance related to activities for a public health program.
5. Advises senior management officials on strategies for achieving maximum public health impact on opportunities to achieve optimal effectiveness and outcomes.
6. Serves as principal advisor to develop objectives and direct overall program planning, policy, and execution for current and emerging issues for a public health program.
7. Meets with executives and program managers to discuss and present emerging public health and other issues/problems of major scope and concern, and collaborate with various authorities.
8. Maintains a continuous exchange of information, in the form of reports, statistics, and written commentary in coordinating activities with the program officials and other executives.
9. Serves as a consultant on the application and integration of science, policy, and directives in the prevention and control of conditions and risk factors related to a public health program.
10. Provides leadership and collaboration with management officials in identifying and implementing systems and processes related to operations planning and execution activities supporting a public health program.
11. Serves as senior advisor to plan, develop, establish, and execute strategies, guidance, and policy related to initiatives for a public health program.
12. Promotes the use of innovative approaches and solutions to support program planning and evaluation activities at the Federal or state government level.
13. Maintains oversight of program activities for greater coordination, integration, and administration of trends, changes, and information to meet public health goals.
14. Serves as representative at public health forums, consisting of members from key public health organizations to formulate strategies and policies with broad national and international impact.
15. Serves on review committees, study groups, and public health task groups in the review of and development of public health policies, procedures, and guidelines related to program activities and public health impact.
16. Serves as advisor in determining the direction, creation, and implementation of policies, guidelines, regulations to promote and support mission responsibilities for a public health program.
17. Directs the formulation of organization-wide policies, procedures, and processes that support the strategic plan for a public health program.
18. Identifies and analyzes the impact of public health policies as they relate to all aspects of a public health program.
19. Serves as a senior level advisor for issues identification and analysis of the impact on public health policies as they related to all aspects of programmatic activities for a public health program.
20. Serves as principal advisor on all international public health programmatic and policy activities for both domestic and international impact covering broad and complex multi-functional aspects for a public health program.
21. Serves as Chair of panels and work groups at the senior management level as the authority across agencies to assure cooperative and collegial results are achieved to support organizational goals and regulatory requirements.
22. Serves as interface with federal and state partners to build collaborations in the public and private sectors with experience gained through leading coalitions or multi-sectored organizations.
23. Represents the agency as spokesperson to defend public health or other policy issues to Congress, state, and local governments, private industry, consumer organizations, and the scientific community.
24. Represents the agency as spokesperson in executive level and sub-cabinet level meetings, congressional hearings, and with representatives of groups and associations to achieve coordination and cooperation in achieving objectives.
25. Prepares briefings on various vital programmatic and operational issues for presentation to other officials.
26. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Please select a response from below to certify the accuracy of your assessment questionnaire.