THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. Please select the response that best reflects your qualifications for the Natural Hazards Program Specialist, GS-301-9 position.A. I have at least one year of experience equivalent to the GS-7 in the Federal Service working with methods of floodplain management, including experience working with methods of floodplain management, comprehensive planning and/or activities in order to communicate effects of flood hazard considerations or zoning ordinances.
Please indicate below if you have Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and flood plain management regulations at the federal level.A. Yes, I have demonstrated experience in the areas indicated above.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Experience with the National Flood Insurance Program statutory authority and governing regulations.
4. Experience working as a state or local floodplain manager or permit official administering the policies and regulations of the NFIP.
5. Experience reviewing local ordinances to assure compliance with Federal regulations.
6. Experience implementing and administering the NFIP and other mitigation or hazard reduction initiatives.
7. Experience gathering information and data and effectively communicating NFIP regulations, floodplain management concepts, and guidance in writing to internal and external customers with diverse interest and concerns.
8. Experience as a primary person responsible for planning and conducting large meetings, functions or events.
9. Experience presenting and explaining complex and technical information in an understandable manner.
10. Experience developing materials as it pertains to program requirements.
11. Experience writing correspondence, reports, and special projects.