Select at least one occupational specialty code. The specialty code(s) for this position are 001, 002 and 003. Please note that you must select at least one specialty code but may select multiple codes if desired. Each code is defined below:
001 - Open to All
002 - Competitive Merit Promotion. This includes current Federal employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles (former Federal employees who served under a career appointment in the competitive service) and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. You must provide qualifying documentation (i.e. SF-50 or veterans documentation).
003 - Noncompetitive and Special Hiring Authorities. This includes applicants who are eligible for noncompetitive or special appointment authorities such as: 30% or more compensably disabled veterans, persons with disabilities (Schedule A eligible), military spouses under EO 13473, Federal employees in excepted sevice positions covered under an interchange agreement (such as TSA or FAA employees), and other eligible special hiring authorities (such as Peace Corps, Boren Fellows, etc.). This also includes applicants who previously held, or currently hold, this position and grade with the same promotion potential as announced for this 839954. For more information about special hiring authorities, visit: http://www.opm.gov/hr_practitioners/lawsregulations/appointingauthorities/index.asp. You must provide qualifying documentation for a noncompetitive or special hiring authority.
Complete this section ONLY IF you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP). To be considered, you must be a surplus or displaced Federal employee as defined in the regulations, be applying for a vacancy at or below the grade level of the position from which you have been or are being separated (and with no greater promotion potential than your position), and be occupying or have been displaced from a position in the same local commuting area as the vacancy.
Note: To receive consideration for the CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation as specified in the vacancy announcement.
Your responses to this questionnaire, in conjunction with the other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in determining your qualifications for this position. Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your resume or application and information provided by your references.
1. From the descriptions below, select the one statement below that best describes how your experience meets the minimum qualification requirements for this position at the GS-13 level.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience includes activities such as: 1) applying acquisition management regulations and principles to major programs and projects; 2) advising management or technical project managers in correct interpretation of contract/procurement regulations; 3) performing program analysis to develop internal procurement processes and create standard operating procedures; 4) evaluating acquisition activities for compliance with cost, schedule and performance standards. NOTE: To qualify for this grade, the contents of your resume must support this response.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one statement below that best describes how your experience meets the minimum qualification requirements for this position at the GS-14 level.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-13 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience includes activities such as: 1) creating and implementing new or revised program management documentation, processes or activities to support acquisition activities; 2) advising management or technical project managers in the correct interpretation and implementation of contract/procurement regulations; 3) performing program analysis to develop internal acquisition and business processes that enable continuous process improvement; 4) evaluating acquisition activities to identify trends and design meaningful measures to oversee program lifecycle methodology. NOTE: To qualify for this grade, the contents of your resume must support this response.
Program Management: Knowledge and experience applying acquisition management regulations and principles to major programs and projects.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the list below that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability. Your resume must support your rating, otherwise, your score may be lowered or you may be rated ineligible. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Provide acquisition and program management oversight to establish and maintain disciplined acquisition, contracting and program management processes.
4. Oversee program lifecycle methodology through internal and external governance with long and short term planning of strategic acquisition investments.
5. Create, implement and maintain program management documentation, processes, and activities in support of acquisition activities.
6. Lead efforts to develop and obtain approval for new or revised policies, plans, processes, and/or procedures for a major acquisition program.
7. Implement and maintain activities to manage the cost, schedule, and performance of contracting activities.
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluating: Knowledge and experience in monitoring the application of system engineering lifecycle principles to major programs and projects.
8. Monitor program cost, schedule and performance for compliance with approved acquisition program baseline.
9. Assess and improve complex procurement and contract management programs, processes and systems using a wide range of methods.
10. Review, analyze, and recommend contracting procedures or policy revisions covering a variety of contracting issues.
11. Develop new methods and procedures to measure contract/procurement accomplishments, results and effectiveness.
Contracting and Procurement: Knowledge of Federal contract regulations, policies and procedures.
12. Determine short-term and long-term contract/procurement strategies based on project requirements to meet mission goals.
13. Perform detailed analysis of acquisition/contracting projects to help project managers design, document, implement and refine business processes.
14. Design meaningful measures to maximize value and reduce risks inherent in major acquisition programs.
15. Assess execution of programs/projects to ensure compliance with long and short term acquisition strategic plans.
16. Interpret and help implement Systems Engineering Lifecycle principles, policies and guidelines.
Writing Proficiency: Knowledge and experience in developing internal program policy documentation in the areas of acquisition and program management.
17. Develop internal program policy documentation on acquisition business processes.
18. Prepare written reports to Senior/Executive Management that explain or justify decisions, conclusions, findings, or recommendations.
19. Provide expertise to the project/release managers in the development of statements of work in support of future mission requirements.
Oral Communication: Experience in expressing information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; and making clear and convincing oral presentations.
20. Provide advice and guidance to Senior/Executive Management in procurement planning and contract management.
21. Provide knowledge and guidance to project managers on the correct interpretation and implementation of acquisition directives to ensure compliance.
22. Maintain working relationships with other components, government agencies, management or contractors to exchange ideas and remain current on procurement developments and issues.
23. Present information, analysis, and recommendations to Senior/Executive Management.
Decision Making: Experience in making sound, well informed, and objective decisions; and perceiving the impact and implications of decisions.
24. Lead the development and implementation of internal acquisition management governance process to enable informed decision making by executive leadership.
25. Analyze information, identify trends and provide recommendations to complex contractual/procurement issues.
26. Provide expertise to the organization in the strategic planning process for defining and monitoring future mission initiatives.
27. Develop recommendations to refine business processes affecting the productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency of contract/procurement program operations.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and documents you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probationary period, or other disciplinary action, including termination. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: Understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verified that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
28. Failure to agree or respond to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. Select the most appropriate response below.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my response to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.