Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 842051
Accounting Technician (OA) GS-0525-4/5/6
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (04-06) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
4. The incumbent must possess a valid state Driver's License. Do you possess a valid state Drivers License?
5. For all positions titled as Office Automation or any clerical positions which has parenthetical title of Office Automation (OA), applicants must have typing proficiency of 40 words per minute (wpm) and knowledge of general office automation software, such as, word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database management, spreadsheet, etc.
To be eligible for (OA) positions, you must be able to: type 40 words per minute; possess knowledge of general office automation software, such as word processing, personal computer, electronic mail, database management, spreadsheet, etc.
NOTE: A falsification of this certification may be used as grounds for not employing you, or for dismissal.
DO YOU HEREBY CERTIFY THAT YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THIS SELF-CERTIFICATION STATEMENT?
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-4 Accounting Technician. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-5 Accounting Technician. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
8. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-6 Accounting Technician. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
INSTRUCTIONS: For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
9. Apply generally accepted accounting principles in the day-to-day accounting operations.
10. Maintain accounting records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
11. Review disbursement documents to determine that all transactions are properly processed.
12. Prepare adjustment documents using appropriate codes and annotates documents.
13. Interpret and apply federal accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines in completing obligation and payment transactions.
14. Review obligation and payment documents to determine completeness of documents, use of correct accounting codes, and propriety of expenditures.
15. Process miscellaneous obligations and payment transactions.
16. Encode transaction data to automated accounting systems to maintain accounts.
17. Perform research to identify the cause of any discrepancies and initiate adjusting entries to correct the automated system record.
18. Maintain a record of accounts within an automated financial system listing balances and adjustment actions taken.
19. Reconcile computerized reports of accounts payable and undelivered orders and other reports with source documents.
20. Use automated software tools to create specialized reports and/or to compare data.
21. Perform research of payment status to respond to vendor inquiries
22. Verify validity of obligations and payment transactions for determining the accounts affected and entries to be made.
23. Analyze accounting and financial data to identify abnormal trends and analyze impact on operations.
24. Analyze financial data to identify discrepancies and initiate corrective action.
25. Reconcile accounts by making the necessary adjustments and corrective entries.
26. Examine accounting documents for propriety and completeness.
27. Provide technical advice and assistance to others on proper accounting procedures, payments and collections, either orally or in writing.
28. Coordinate with program staff to validate and verify undelivered orders, or to solicit input for data calls.
29. Participate on special workgroups and teams to address accounting issues.
30. Maintain a file system for office records.
31. Interpret federal regulations regarding purchases, time & attendance, budget reporting requirements.
32. Prepare routine correspondence and routine reports as needed.
33. Maintain monthly reporting criteria for multiple vehicles.
34. Provide written responses to emails and other written inquiries from program offices, and other customers of the Accounting office.
Top of Form
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
35. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.