Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 841302
Information Technology Specialist, GS-2210-11
Enter the lowest grade level (11-11) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following questions, select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-11 Information Technology Specialist.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 level in Federal service. My qualifying experience demonstrates possession of each of the following competencies: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Technical Competence, and Problem Solving. My experience also includes performing the following types of duties: serving as an Information Technology specialist responsible for the configuration, installation, or maintenance of network systems; installing Windows based servers and maintaining existing servers; performing network diagnostics and resolving network problems; maintaining network architecture and infrastructure; and installing and maintaining compatible database systems.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Monitoring network capacity and performance.
3. Optimizing systems performance and identifying components to improve overall systems performance.
4. Implementing programs to ensure users adhere to and comprehend systems security policies and procedures.
5. Assessing and providing feedback on problematic trends and patterns in IT customer support requirements.
6. Presenting technical subject matter to a non-technical audience at any organizational level (e.g., network issues or IT policies and procedures).
7. Configuring and maintaining servers, hubs, routers and switches.
8. Installing network hardware and software fixes, upgrades and enhancements.
9. Instituting internet/intranet content management plan to ensure compliance with appropriate standards including copyright laws.
10. Resolving hardware and software interface and interoperability problems.
11. Performing network diagnostics and resolving network problems.
12. Assessing security events and determining their impacts to implement corrective actions.
13. Troubleshooting and resolving technical problems that affect internet and intranet services.
14. Diagnosing and resolving problems in response to customer reported IT related incidents.
15. Providing recommendations to resolve cited problems.
16. Working closely with customers to ensure seamless installation and minimize installation problems.
17. Creating case database and litigation support specifications (e.g., preparing trial exhibits, collecting data and preparing in electronic format for trial).
18. Providing customer training on desktop applications (e.g., word processing, e-mail, desktop publishing, and slide presentation software).
19. Providing assistance to users on desktop applications (e.g., word processing, e-mail, desktop publishing, and slide presentation software).
20. Coordinating efforts with other organizations involved in litigation activities.
21. Interfacing with all levels within and outside of the organization to discuss IT related activities.
22. Installing and configuring litigation support applications (e.g., Concordance, Ipro).
23. Maintaining network architecture and infrastructure.
24. Managing accounts, network rights and access to systems and equipment.
25. Controlling IT asset inventory.
26. Monitoring the functionality, security, and integrity of internet services.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
27. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice.