Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 842209
Assistant General Counsel Administration-GS-905-15
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level you will accept.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
1. Are you willing to work in Washington, DC and accept this position without relocation incentive?A. Yes
2. Select the option that best describes your education.A. I have successfully completed a J.D. degree.
3. Are you a current member of the Bar?A. Yes
4. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for Assistant General Counsel for Administration (AGCA). Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. Mark only 1 response.A. My specialized experience includes all of the following: government ethics and conflicts of interest; financial disclosure; human resources and equal employment opportunity; re-authorization, appropriations and fiscal law; government contracting and procurement matters; the Freedom of Information Act; Trade Secrets Act and Privacy Act; rulemaking/regulatory matters and compliance; Federal records management; interpretation of federal laws and regulations; and other administrative and regulatory law matters.
5. Select response that describes your experience with employment law.A. I have 1 to 3 years of general working experience working with employment law.
6. Select from the following, the choice(s) that best describes your legal experience in administrative law and procedures.A. I have one to three years of general legal experience in administrative law and procedures.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Mark your selection to that statement in Section 25 of OPM Form 1203-FX. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Negotiate policy changes.
8. Mediate or facilitate problem resolution.
9. Brief managers on organizational issues or similar topics.
10. Defend recommendations on controversial issues to top managers.
11. Effectively communicate legal information to internal or external audiences.
12. Persuade others to accept findings, recommendations, changes, alternative viewpoints, or to take a particular course of action.
13. Interview employees or managers to acquire specific programmatic and/or legal information.
14. Conduct training sessions with varied audiences with different levels of comprehension.
15. Effectively communicate organizational strategies, goals, objectives, or priorities on a regular basis.Top of Form
16. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibility may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.A. Yes