Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Epidemiologist, GS-0601-13.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Epidemiologist, GS-0601-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience providing consultation and assistance with epidemiologic investigations and public health surveillance activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Identify and analyze public health issues and their impact on public policies, scientific studies and/or surveys.
4. Provide leadership on all phases of statistical interpretation relating to epidemiologic topics under considerations.
5. Analyze the implementation of scientific studies and/or projects in order to improve procedures.
6. Design scientific questionnaires and other data collection instruments for scientific studies.
7. Analyze public health issues and their impact on public policies or scientific studies.
8. Assist in the preparation of the human subjects study protocol.
9. Provide advice and assistance in the development and implementation of procedures, methods, and strategies for obtaining and using scientific data.
10. Evaluate project/study data collection, quality control, and/or data utilization methods for an organization.
11. Provide technical consultation to researchers on surveillance projects related to public health issues.
12. Explain methodologies, results, and relevance to health issues as they relate to the epidemiologic problem or study.
13. Disseminate results of research projects in a wide range of venues including publications, peer reviewed journals, summaries, manuscripts, and special reports.
14. Prepare papers and reports for presentation to professional groups and for publication in professional journals.
15. Develop and coordinate the sharing of health-related educational or informational materials.
16. Create a study-related manual of operations for stakeholders.
17. Give presentations at internal and external symposia and seminars to share critical information with stakeholders.
18. Present research findings at interagency scientific forums, national, and/ or international meetings.
19. Communicate information to interested external parties at national conferences or meetings on research efforts.
20. Provide scientific consultative services to difficult organizations that have unusually demanding scientific problems or issues.
21. Communicate information on the results of research efforts to interested internal collaborators.
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.