Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 842896
DEPUTY REGIONAL DIRECTOR, GS-0340-15
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (15-15) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
6. From the list below, select the best response that best describes your qualifications for GS-15 Deputy Regional Director.
For each task listed below, select the statement that best describes the level of your training and/or experience for this position. If you select response D or E, your application must be able to support your claim; otherwise, you may receive a lowered or ineligible rating.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 Points)
7. Administer the development, planning, and formulation of overall policies and procedures for the effective operation of Trust and Indian Services programs.
8. Provide expert knowledge in principles, practices and theories of management in order to provide leadership for the Trust and Indian Service programs to include natural resources, trust resources, community and transportation services.
9. Apply and interpret the statutory regulations and procedures for the organization's Trust and Indian Services programs.
10. Assure statutory and regulatory requirements are met dealing with PL 93-638 contract responsibilities.
11. Provide expert knowledge in developing, implementing and executing multiple Federal government programs for Indians such as the specialized Federal statutes for the Five Civilized Tribes and Osage Nation for the organization's Trust and Indian Service programs.
12. Provide administrative leadership, supervision and guidance to organizations Trust and Indian Service programs on a wide variety of extremely complex, controversial, and unique issues.
13. Develop annual work plans, internal control procedures and audits, evaluations, and performance measures for organization's Trust and Indian Service programs.
14. Devise written guidance directives, policy, and standards for all phases of the organization's Trust and Indian Services programs.
15. Develop program goals or objectives for Trust and Indian Service programs to include natural resources, trust resources, community and transportation services.
16. Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of program operations and activities.
17. Write technical reports and findings where information in the reports has to be collected, organized and interpreted.
18. Prepare written responses to headquarters, Regional field sites, and other Federal, state, local, and Tribal entities.
19. Respond in writing to technical Congressional, GAO, and IG inquiries.
20. Prepare and/or review written recover plans, program reviews, budget initiatives, strategy papers, and/or other management activities related to organization's Trust and Indian Service programs.
21. Develop employee performance standards and prepare annual performance appraisals, employee awards, performance improvement plans, other developmental training plans, and disciplinary actions.
22. Perform supervisory functions including the preparation of position descriptions, interviewing and selection, coaching, mentoring, and as necessary, disciplining employees.
23. Develop and present briefings, oral presentations, and recommendations to Federal, State, local agencies, Tribes, special interest groups, and/or the general public.
24. Persuade, influence, or negotiate with Tribes and/or Tribal organizations or Indian individuals who have conflicting view and interests regarding trust resources or community services to reach agreement that is consistent with established policy and regulations.
25. Present findings of studies, suggestions for improvement, and recommendation to Regional Director to obtain necessary approval to making program changes.
26. Defend and justify positions of the Bureau of Indian Affairs and the Department of the Interior and resolve controversial disputes among competing or divers interested parties.
27. Provide expert advice and guidance on a wide range organization's trust and community services activities to representatives of Federal, State, Tribal, non-governmental organizations, private individuals, or office staff.
28. Exercise judgment and ingenuity in determining the intent of the guidelines, develop policy and guidelines for organization's Trust and Indian Service programs and formulate interpretations of the guidelines used.
29. Serve as a Regional expert authority on specialized statutes governing the Five Civilized Tribes and the Osage Nation in the area of Trust and Indian Service programs.
VERIFICATION STATEMENT: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
30. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.