Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please choose the response that best describes your level of education, training and experience as it relates to the work of the Procurement Specialist at the GS-14 level.A. I have completed at least 4-years of experience in contracting or related positions. At least 1 year of that experience was specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the GS-13 level (but may also have been obtained in the private sector) and it provided me with the knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics to perform successfully the work of the position, including: (1) knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and implementing policies and regulations to develop and implement contracting policies, procedures, and guidance for use by contract specialist, and program/project managers; (2) skill in generating, analyzing, evaluating automated management reports and drafting new procurement legislation or regulation as a basis to develop corrective action, provide training, and implement operating guidance; (3) ability to communicate in writing instructions and procedures for use by others, prepare and respond to reports and audits and write training materials; (4) ability to communicate verbally and in writing to defend and explain decisions and policies, serve on special work groups or task forces, and conduct training, AND I have a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. (Note: You must include copies of your transcripts.)
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training, or experience in performing this task.
2. Offer recommendations for standardized operating procedures, special provisions or clauses to improve the overall quality and effectiveness of contracts awarded.
3. Define areas in which to conduct vulnerability assessments including assessments of contract administration/management systems and practices and procedures.
4. Provide expert and cogent advice on complex procurement acquisition matters.
5. Analyze complex, unusual, high level contracts that are submitted for review.
6. Identify areas of concern within contracts and make recommendations with regard to problem resolution.
7. Review studies, projects or programs that have department-wide impact, which may also include other agency contracts or issues.
8. Led a team in preparation for an audit or inspection.
9. Respond to complicated Congressional inquiries requiring extensive research.
10. Write impact to business processes and inform contracting staff via writing.
11. Research and respond in writing to audit reports.
12. Write contracting material for use in training.
13. Prepare briefings on complex procurement issues for use by senior procurement officials.
14. Serve on interdisciplinary groups to resolve and analyze issues regarding all contract types for supply and service contracts.
15. Explain changes needed and rationale for changes to contracting packages.
16. Explain impact of new polices, regulations, and guidance.
17. Defend and explain complex issues with auditors resulting from an audit.
18. Consult with outside personnel such as legal staff on complex, unique issues and notes resolutions for dissemination to contracting workforce.
19. I certify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration. (Note: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.)A. Yes