The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement employee (in the 1811 series) with competitive status on a career or career-conditional appointment.
To be eligible for this job opportunity, you must either hold or have held a Permanent Supervisory GS-1811-15 position within ICE or have received a category rating from the most recent category rating announcement. To be eligible under Category Rating, you must submit your Notice of Results (NOR) from job announcement number (DAL-INV-623345-CAT-PB) with your application. Candidates with a "Best Qualified" (BQ) rating will be referred to the selecting officials. If there are less than three Best Qualified candidates on the certificate, the selecting official may include "Well Qualified " (WQ) candidates to the certificate. Those candidates who rated "Qualified" (Q) will not be referred to the selecting officials.
2. Have you applied and received a notice of results from the Special Promotional Opportunity, Supervisory Criminal Investigator GS-1811-15 announcement posted in May 2012?A. Yes, I have applied and received a Best Qualified rating from the SA15 announcement. A copy of that NOR is attached to this application.
If you chose "A", "B", or "C", you must submit your Notice of Results (NOR) from job announcement number DAL-INV-623345-CAT-PB with your application.
If you chose any other response, you may indicate "not applicable".
3. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-14 grade level?A. Yes, I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-14 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (month/day/year) during which you occupied the position(s) listed.
4. Conviction of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, as outlined in the vacancy announcement, is disqualifying. A misdemeanor crime of domestic violence is any offense involving the use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former domestic partner, parent, or guardian of the victim. Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?A. Yes
5. Have you had a felony conviction?A. Yes
6. Do you have a current valid State drivers' license?A. Yes
Applicants who have permanently held a position with promotion potential equivalent to GS-15 or higher in the competitive service can be referred for selection without competition under our agency merit promotion procedures. Details and temporary promotions do not count. Your response to the following question will be used to determine whether or not you can be categorized as a non-competitive eligible. If you are referred non-competitively and your claim cannot be verified, you will lose further consideration under this announcement. Therefore, if you are uncertain about the promotion potential of positions held, respond with a "No."
Have you ever held (or do you currently hold) a competitive service position on a permanent basis in the federal government with promotion potential equivalent to GS-15 or higher?A. Yes
If you chose response A in the previous question, provide the position's title, series, pay plan, grade level or pay band plus the grade level or pay band of its promotion potential, and the dates (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) you held this position.If you chose any other response, you may indicate "not applicable".
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
8. Indicate the extent of your experience in planning and preparing schedules.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
9. Indicate the extent of your experience in tracking and controlling a budget and budget expenditures (for example, Title III investigations, Certified Undercover Operations, State & Local Overtime, or Worksite Enforcement operations).A. I have had limited training or experience in performing these tasks.
10. Indicate the extent of your experience in assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, requirements of assignments, and capabilities of the employees.A. I have had limited experience in performing this task.
11. Indicate the extent to which you have prepared budget justifications based on staffing, facilities, and equipment in support of special operations funding, Title III, Certified Undercover Operations, Worksite Enforcement operations, OCDETF, or HIDTA.A. I have had limited training or experience in performing this task.
12. Indicate the extent of your experience in determining personnel resource requirements for specific operations (for example, smuggling, financial, worksite, or certified undercover).A. I have had limited experience in performing this task.
13. Indicate the extent of your knowledge and experience in labor and employee relations.A. I have had limited training or experience in labor and employee relations.
14. Indicate the extent of your experience in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.A. I have had limited experience in performing this task.
15. Select the choice which best describes your ability to communicate, orally and writing, with all levels of managers, staff members, and outside groups.A. I have communicated with other staff members and managers in the routine performance of my duties.
16. Indicate the extent of your experience regarding certified undercover operations as a participant or a manager.A. I have had limited experience in certified undercover operations.