Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, please choose the answer that describes how you meet the four IT Competencies.A. I have IT-related experience that demonstrates each of the four competencies: 1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when evaluating systems, hardware, and software for efficiency; 2) Customer Service - Providing technical assistance to staff and identifying solutions; 3) Oral Communication - Effectively communicates with internal staff and external organizations to report on project status and explaining system requirements; and 4) Problem Solving - Identifies and researches system design problems; uses judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations to solve problems.
2. To qualify for the GS-13 level, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level of the Federal service. Please see the specialized experience as described in the Qualifications Section of the announcement and select the response below that best describes your level of experience.A. I have one year of specialized experience applying software development theories and concepts.
3. Do you have experience in software development using languages such as Java, J2EE, and JSP?A. Yes
4. Do you have experience with enterprise databases such as Oracle and SQL Server, performing database administration, tuning, and backup/recovery?A. Yes
The following criteria will be used to evaluate your level of knowledge, skill, or ability in certain areas required for this position. For each item, choose the statement from the list below (A-E) that best reflects your level of experience and/or training in that area.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Ensure information systems comply with legislative and regulatory requirements.
6. Establish and maintain controls to ensure database integrity and security.
7. Coordinate and negotiate efforts to ensure system operations are consistent with goals and plans of user offices/organizations.
8. Design, develop, and maintain database systems.
9. Perform database administration, including tuning, backup and recovery.
10. Advise on effective and efficient strategies to use in accessing information from databases.
11. Serve as technical expert for new or existing information systems.
12. Design and enhance applications and databases.
13. Perform software development to create new systems or modify existing systems to meet the office/agency's mission.
14. Ensure system level software, hardware, or configuration changes are compatible with requirements of the application and database management system software.
15. Analyze and modify software to enhance performance of database applications.
16. Review application structure and information needs and authorize and implement changes in the application to meet changing requirements.
17. Ensure that modifications to the system are consistent with the information needs of all user organizations.
18. Establish system standards and requirements for new and existing applications.
19. Develop and coordinate definitions of data elements to be used in a database to ensure access across all database systems.
20. Maintain a dictionary of data elements for a database and a documentation set of a database system.
21. Develop user manuals and design documentation for applications and databases.
22. Provide input to update short and long range plans to maximize the use of current technology in database management systems.
23. Serve as project liaison in development of information technology strategic projects.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form