Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Psychologist - HPC/SCI/CLC
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Are you a citizen of the United States?
Enter the lowest grade (00) you will accept for this position.
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
1. I am a current, permanent employee of the Minneapolis VA Health Care System.A. Yes
Qualifying veterans receive preference in appointments. You will be given preference over non-veterans if you are a veteran who served:
· During a war; or
· During the period April 28, 1952 through July 1, 1955; or
· For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred after January 31, 1955, and before October 15, 1976; or
· During the Gulf War from August 2, 1990, through January 2, 1992; or
· For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom; or
· In a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized. Any Armed Forces Expeditionary medal or campaign badge, including El Salvador, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Southwest Asia, Somalia, and Haiti, qualifies for preference.
· at any time and who has a compensable service-connected disability; or
· who received a Purple Heart.
In addition, preference is given to the spouse of a disabled veteran who is disqualified for a Federal position along the general lines of his or her usual occupation because of a service-connected disability. Such a disqualification may be presumed when the veteran is unemployed and
· is rated by appropriate military or Department of Veterans Affairs authorities to be 100 percent disabled and/or unemployable; or
· has retired, been separated, or resigned from a civil service position on the basis of a disability that is service-connected in origin; or
· has attempted to obtain a civil service position or other position along the lines of his or her usual occupation and has failed to qualify because of a service-connected disability.
2. Please select the response that best describes your veteran status.A. I meet at least one of the criteria listed here and, therefore, am eligible for veterans preference.
The following questions are used to identify basic requirements for this vacancy.
3. I am a citizen of the United States.A. True
4. I am proficient in spoken and written English. [To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.]A. True
5. I have attained a Doctoral Degree (Psy.D, Ph.D, Ed.d) in psychology from an APA accredited graduate program.A. True
I have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Exceptions: (1) new VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement.A. I meet this requirement, either by having completed the required internship training program or by the exceptions as stated.
7. I am eligible for, or currently hold a full, current and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, or US Commonwealth.A. True
The following is a Certification of Understanding. RESPONSE TO THIS STATEMENT IS MANDATORY. Please note, if you do not answer this question, it will result in not being considered for this position.
8. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.
Resume Reminder - Your resume (and/or VAF 10-2850C) must include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)