Read the statement below to determine if you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Competitive Merit Promotion: DHHS employees only.
002 - Noncompetitive procedures: DHHS employees who have held or currently hold a GS-13 level position.
1. Are you a current and permanent Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) employee? (You must submit a SF-50 that shows Tenure Group of 1 or 2, and it should indicate you are working in the 'competitive service')A. Yes
2. Select the one statement that best describes the experience and/or education that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Program Analyst work at the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-09 level in the Federal service) that included carrying out studies/projects to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations; compiling program data needed for budget justifications and/or budget inquiries; recommending solutions to program operation/activity issues; and preparing financial or ad hoc reports for management.
3. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service) that included analyzing and evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of a program; making recommendations to improve a program operations; identifying issues relating to existing program policies and procedures; compiling and analyzing budget data to justify additional resources for a program; and drafting responses to budget inquiries for a program?A. Yes (this specialized experience must be reflected in your resume)
4. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service) that included developing detailed plans and analyses for evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of a budget program; identifying and solving problems affecting a budget program; persuading managers and agency officials to accept budget program recommendations; making recommendations or advising management on how to allocate funds for a program; and preparing responses to agency and Congressional budget inquiries?A. Yes (this specialized experience must be reflected in your resume)
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
5. Develop recommendations to improve a program's operations and procedures.
6. Apply qualitative and/or qualitative methods to analyze a program's effectiveness and efficiency.
7. Develop suitable qualitative and quantitative methods for assessing a program's efficiency and effectiveness.
8. Assist in the development of a program's goals and objectives for long range implementation, administration, and evaluation of the program.
9. Develop criteria used for evaluating the effectiveness of a budget program.
10. Recommend approaches to allocate funds for a program.
11. Make recommendations for reprogramming funds within a program.
12. Prepare justifications/responses to budget inquiries from agency or Congress.
13. Prepare financial reports to justify current budget plans.
14. Identify issues or problems within a program's automated functions and processes.
15. Assist in the development of information systems that track and disseminate information about a budget program.
16. Recommend courses of action for resolving budget problems within a program.
17. Draw conclusions and develop recommendations from program study/analysis results.
18. Coordinate with program contacts to prepare project plans that address problems within the program.
19. Influence managers and other officials to adopt and implement recommendations.
20. Coordinate with multiple program managers to prepare justifications for budget requests.
21. Develop reports that convey study results and recommendations.
22. Prepare funding plans for current and out-year funding for a major program.
23. Develop internal operation procedures for the budget formulation process.
24. Prepare responses to inquiries received from requesting agencies or Congress.