Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 06.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Choose one answer that best describes your experience as related to the basic qualification requirements for Consumer Safety Technician (OA), GS-0303-06.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience maintaining an automated document tracking system; gathering information for evaluation; utilizing a personal computer and a variety of software applications and performing administrative office duties.
2. Choose one answer that best describes your experience as related to the basic qualification requirements for Consumer Safety Technician (OA), GS-0303-07.A. Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-06 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience maintaining an automated document tracking system; gathering information for evaluation; utilizing a personal computer and a variety of software applications; performing administrative office duties and experience conducting fact-finding, problem analysis and problem solving task.
3. Can you type at least 40 words per minute with three or fewer errors based on a five (5) minute sample?A. Yes
4. Do you possess experience and/or training using a personal computer and a variety of software to perform word-processing and database management?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Develop, compile, interpret, monitor and evaluate information/data from various sources taking appropriate action or making recommendations as necessary.
6. Develop methods and procedures for office automation tasks by identifying work simplification applications and improving existing methods or procedures.
7. Monitors and screens incoming and outgoing correspondence and action documents.
8. Proofread correspondence for content, grammar and format.
9. Receives and determines disposition of telephone calls and visitors.
10. Research, compile and assemble background information in advance of important meetings, conferences, discussions, and other events.
11. Perform logistical coordination for meetings, conferences, etc by acquiring conference rooms, video equipment, auto visuals aids, conference phones, etc.
12. Enter and retrieve information from a variety of systems, preparing reports and spreadsheets as required.
13. Develop tracking system for office correspondence to ensure deadlines are met.
14. Conduct studies of existing procedures and makes recommendations or independently revises and develops alternative procedures.
15. Perform an analysis of designated segments of work and initiates action as appropriate.
16. Prepare appropriate forms and paperwork as required upon completion of the sample collection.
17. Create and/or edits letters, memorandums and reports.
18. Respond to requests for information and/or data providing status, advice and materials to various internal components and external organizations.
19. Train others in technical areas, providing advice and guidance.
20. Communicate with supervisors, co-workers, visitors and customers concerning related policies, practices, procedures and precedent guidelines.
21. Respond to requests for information.