Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following two questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-7 Financial Technician.
2. From the descriptions below, select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS-8 Financial Technician.
Identify the specific experience from your resume or cover letter that validates your response. Also list the name and contact information of someone who can verify your response.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Provides quality customer service and establishes good working relationships with staff and management.
4. Produces a variety of written documents and materials utilizing a range of office software applications.
5. Provides recurring assistance to employees, vendors, contractors, other agencies and the general public.
6. Uses computer based program to enter, extract and monitor budgetary data.
7. Assigns obligating documents for all types of expenses in the financial management system.
8. Makes adjustments to account balances and obligations in financial management system in a timely manner.
9. Maintains various logs, manual, publications, vendor files, etc.
10. Processes and schedules payments for invoices, vouchers, electronic wire transfers (EFT), treasury payments and third party checks.
11. Responsible for resolving discrepancies and inconsistencies with vendors and employees.
12. Answer staff inquires on travel regulations, policies and procedures.
13. Provides advice and assistance with budgetary matters, such as forms, documents, reports, and/or accounting codes.
14. Provides advice and assistance with travel management.
15. Develops and maintains an organized payment filing system for obligations of vouchers and invoices.
16. Verifies and validates budgetary reports, researches and takes corrective action as needed.
17. Verifies figures in obligation requests to ascertain that funds are available.
18. Researches all problems and ascertains correct information to develop applicable solutions to discrepancies.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
19. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you
provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment
Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all
necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department