1. From the statements below, select the letter that describes your educational background. NOTE: YOU MUST SUBMIT COPIES OF YOUR UNOFFICAL TRANSCRIPTS; FAILURE TO PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS MAY RENDER YOU INELIGIBLE FOR THE POSITION.A. I have received my degree or certificate of completion within the past two years from an accredited technical or vocational school, 2-year or 4-year college or university, a graduate or professional school, or a post-secondary home school curriculum. NOTE: Students who are within 9 months of graduating from date of application may apply with submitted unofficial transcripts and enrollment verification.
2. I am a Veteran of the United States Armed Forces.A. Yes
3. This position requires the selectee to sign a Recent Graduate Program Participant Agreement that states the internship period, work schedule, position information, developmental assignments and program requirements. I am willing to sign the Agreement.A. Yes
4. Please select the response below that reflects your education and/or experience that meets the basic requirement for the Technical Information Specialist, GS-1412 series.A. I have a full 4 year course of study that meets all the requirements for a bachelor's degree with major study in the subject matter field of the position to be filled. Major field of study may include librarian, archival, Physical or Social Sciences disciplines, or other subject-matter related field.
Respond to the following question; choose the response that best represents your highest level of experience and/or training. Mark only one response for each question. (NOTE: This same experience must be well described in the resume that you submit in addition to answering this Questionnaire. Failure to adequately support your answers to this questionnaire within your submitted resume may result in an Ineligible rating.) FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THIS QUESTION WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
5. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best corresponds to the highest level of education and/or experience that you fully possess and demonstrates your ability to perform the work of a Technical Information Specialist at the GS-07 grade level.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level in Federal Service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-05 if outside the Federal Service searching databases and/or using search engines.
6. From the descriptions below, select the letter that best corresponds to the highest level of education and/or experience that you fully possess and demonstrates your ability to perform the work of a Technical Information Specialist at the GS-09 grade level.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in Federal Service or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-07 if outside the Federal Service searching databases in a broad range of disciplines and experience in using collaborative tools.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience, education and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task, but I am willing to learn.
7. Uses the Internet to find information such as proper organizational names or supplemental information on a variety of topics.
8. Employs online databases to find other instances of research by person or organization to use as a reference.
9. Applies a broad knowledge of subject fields, and techniques, methods, sources, and procedures to perform bibliographic analysis.
10. Uses social/collaborative tools to share scientific and technical information.
11. Prepares appropriate responses to research questions in writing or orally.
12. Evaluates inquiries and data requests to define specific needs communicating directly with the customer to clarify information requirements.
13. Documents results in a structure that can be easily shared.
14. Understands security, public release and export control requirements.
15. Represents organization at meetings and technical conferences to provide information.
16. Meets with Agency staff, management, customers, and others to provide information.
17. Asks questions to obtain information necessary to solve customer problems.
18. Persuades others to take a particular course of action and accept findings.
19. Creates detailed reports and findings with recommendations.
20. Identifies and analyzes issues and provides recommendations for operational improvement.
21. Conducts studies and surveys, analyzes findings, and makes recommendations that support the assigned mission.
22. Analyzes variables and develops new approaches to previously unresolved problems.
23. As previously explained, your responses in this assessment questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents (e.g. resume) you submit. Ensure that your resume accurately describes the level of education and/or experience claimed in the assessment questionnaire.
Please take this opportunity to review your assessment questionnaire responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you:
1. Understand this information
2. Have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and
3. Verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.