Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 843948
CIVIL ENGINEER (HIGHWAY), GS-0810-11/12
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (11-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?A. I certify that I possess a valid Drivers License.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance
5. Please select one response from the choices A, B or C below that best reflects your education and/or experience in meeting the Basic Entry Requirements for this position. Please read all responses prior to making your selection.A. Degree: professional engineering. To be acceptable, the curriculum must: (1) be in a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (more advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering science or physics: (a) statistics, dynamics; (b) strength of materials (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electrical fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relating particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering science or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. NOTE: Transcripts MUST be submitted to document your educational accomplishments.
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Civil Engineer (Highway). Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I meet the basic requirement and have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service that included the performing of professional engineering work related to the development, design, planning, construction, and maintenance of transportation projects.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-12 Civil Engineer (Highway). Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I meet the basic requirement and have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal Service such as performing engineering work in construction and maintenance programs for buildings, facilities, bridges, major structures, roads, etc.; design and prepare project plans and specifications; establish inspection requirements; and provide engineering expertise and technical guidance on various topics.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task (O Point)
8. Advanced knowledge in the use of Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software for the design of transportation projects.
9. Advanced knowledge in the use of automated design software for the geometric design of roadways.
10. Knowledge of applicable Federal and State guidelines and regulations concerning geometric layout, pavement width and thickness, signing/striping layout, traffic control, and erosion control of roadway projects.
11. Knowledge of engineering economic principles and processes used to analyze and evaluate various alternative designs.
12. Knowledge of geological and soils engineering to determine suitability of native materials and design alternatives for unsuitable materials including the removal/replacement of material, use of geotextile materials, and stabilizing/modifying of soil.
13. Knowledge of hydrologic/hydraulic engineering principles used in the design of roadway drainage.
14. Knowledge of land surveying practices pertaining to the acquisition of right of way and easements.
15. Knowledge of environmental policies applicable to federally-funded transportation projects.
16. Independently produce high-quality, construction-ready roadway plans using CADD software.
17. Independently develop specifications and cost estimates for transportation projects.
18. Assist, direct, and review work of other engineers and technicians.
19. Direct the collection of field data necessary for the design and preparation of plans.
20. Assist in the assembly and preliminary preparation of right of way documents.
21. Review utility relocation plans and monitor progress and compliance of utility relocation operations.
22. Coordinate with other Regional office divisions regarding archeological clearances and environmental assessments of roadway projects.
23. Draft cooperative agreement documents between the Bureau, Counties, and Tribes.
24. Maintain electronic and hardcopy files of projects.
25. Serve as a subject matter expert, Contracting Officer's Technical Representative, and/or Awarding Official's Technical Representative on proposed and/or previously outsourced design contracts.
26. Make recommendations for corrections/changes to deliverables and process payment requests in accordance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures on outsourced design contracts.
27. Conduct pre-bid conferences for projects during advertisement.
28. Certify to Design Branch Supervisor that all necessary rights of way have been obtained, all necessary clearances and permits have been obtained, and all conflicting utilities have been relocated so construction can proceed.
29. Provide guidance and explanations to project stakeholders regarding those policies, procedures, regulations, statutes, etc. affecting planning activities for streets, highways, bridges, and appurtenant features in Oklahoma.
30. Advise co-workers and other BIA employees of Management discussions, priorities, and commitments made to various Federal, State, Tribal, and local government personnel, as well as members of the public, regarding design activities for streets, highways, bridges, and appurtenant features in Oklahoma.
31. Liaison with Federal, Tribal, State, and local personnel, as well as members of the public, for the purpose of facilitating effective communications regarding design activities for streets, highways, bridges, and appurtenant features in Oklahoma.
32. Conduct and/or participate in public hearings with the project stakeholders.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and; 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
33. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50's) is received and is accurate.