Read the definitions below to determine what options (001, 002, and/or 003) you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
002 Merit Promotion. This option includes current or former Federal service employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles, and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service).
003 Noncompetitive. This option includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) (for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level), Military Spouse Non-Competitive Hiring Authority, and persons with disabilities. This also includes applicants who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal competitive position at the full performance grade level for this position.
FAILURE TO ADDRESS THE JOB ELEMENT WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF CONSIDERATION.
1. Choose one answer that best describes your ability to do the work of a Materials Handler (Motor Vehicle Operator) with no more than normal supervision (Screen Out Question).A. Yes - I have experience that demonstrates the ability to perform duties with no more than normal supervision in performing a full range of warehouse duties, and receiving, unloading, shipping and maintaining equipment and supplies.
FAILURE TO ADDRESS THE JOB ELEMENTS WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF CONSIDERATION.
2. Perform ongoing maintenance and upkeep of a materials storage and warehousing facility.
3. Ensure the safe handling and disposal as appropriate of hazardous materials.
4. Provide recommendations regarding efficient storage and arrangement of materials.
5. Receive, unload and process equipment and supplies.
6. Utilize a computer or handheld data entry device in performing data entry and retrieval operations.
7. Ensure readiness of equipment for deployment.
8. Identify when outside technical support is needed to rotate stocks or service equipment.
9. Ongoing responsibilities require following and storage and material handling techniques, regulations and procedures.
10. Incorporate frequently used terms, forms, and codes in performing materials handling activities..
11. Incorporate the principles, practices and techniques of material handling and storage in performing assigned responsibilities.
12. Utilize knowledge of material handling in addressing problems associated with the receipt, handling and distribution of material.
13. Recommend changes to operational practices and procedures in order to increase program effectiveness and efficiency.
14. Personally utilize a forklift and other material and storage aid equipment in executing assigned responsibilities.
15. Ensure compliance with all designated safety regulations and procedures in executing assigned responsibilities.