Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 843990
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION SPECIALIST, GS-0028-7/9/11
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-11) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.A. Yes.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.A. Yes.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License?A. I certify that I possess a valid Drivers License.
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-7 Environmental Protection Specialist. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-5 grade level in the Federal service assisting in the preparation of Federal, State, tribal, and county orders, ordinances, statutes, laws, directives and policies involving National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (NEPA); assist in development of contract specifications and scopes of work for environmental assessments ; conduct base line environmental surveys, etc. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-9 Environmental Protection Specialist. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-7 grade level in the Federal service providing assistance by researching environmental protection issues; or carrying out specified portions of environmental protection projects and identifying and recommending solutions to problems, assisting with site inspections, collecting data, reviewing documents, analyzing evidence, etc . These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-11 Environmental Protection Specialist. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to GS-9 grade level in the Federal service that includes performing analytical duties associated with the planning, development, execution and review of environmental policies and procedures; or using analytical techniques to modify or adapt established environmental protection procedures; perform site inspections, writing reports; recommending corrective/mitigation action or procedures for compliance, etc. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
For each task listed below, select the statement that best describes the level of your training and/or experience for this position. If you select response D or E, your application must be able to support your claim; otherwise, you may receive a lowered or ineligible rating.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 points)
8. Independently plan, carry out environmental assessment/protection programs or projects.
9. Interpret and apply federal environmental laws/regulations, Executive Orders, and other applicable environmental directives to ensure agency and tribal compliance.
10. Routinely provide technical assistance to internal staff, tribes, agencies, and members of the public.
11. Interpret and determine the application of environmental laws/requirements as well as state/local practices/procedures to Indian Lands.
12. Conduct studies/surveys/audits to assess environmental compliance and hazardous materials liability.
13. Provide technical advice and guidance to management on environmental matters.
14. Review new and proposed laws/regulations/directives to determine impact to tribal and agency operations.
15. Review, analyze and coordinate comprehensive analysis pertaining to environmental, cultural and natural resource management.
16. Skill in using standard data gathering and analysis techniques to collect and review technical information on environmental activities.
17. Plan, develop, organize and coordinate the Bureau's Environmental Quality Program.
18. Develop environmental strategies within environmental compliance.
19. Evaluate facts, incidents, potential risk to provide recommendations to the agency and tribes concerning hazardous situations and environmental protection issues.
20. Prepare technical reports based on reviews of the environmental situation.
21. Review and edit lengthy reports prepared by tribes, technical experts, and consultants.
22. Use computer programs to create/edit reports and input data.
23. Prepare memoranda and letters to communicate agency policy/directives/notices.
24. Prepare and edit documents necessary for formal consultation with other federal agencies.
25. Communicate with tribal representatives, including attorneys, general members, tribal government agency reps, members of tribal councils.
26. Communicate and work with technical experts and consultants on a wide variety of subject matters.
27. Communicate with attorneys and legal experts on a wide variety of subject matters.
28. Communicate with citizen groups, regulatory agencies, and various interested parties regarding agency actions and proposed actions.
29. Conduct regular meetings with internal staff, tribes, agencies, and members of the public.
30. Provide contractual, regulatory, and policy interpretation to internal staff, tribes, agencies, and members of the public.
31. Conduct formal and informal environmental training and presentations for internal staff, tribes, agencies, and members of the public.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
32. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.