1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must upload a copy of your Form BIA-4432, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and you are submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must upload a copy of your most recent SF 50-B to verify status, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veterans Preference? Note: You must upload your supporting documentation; otherwise credit will not be given. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.aspA. Yes
4. Do you possess a valid state drivers license which you have held for at least two years preceding this application?A. Yes
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
6. In addition to meeting experience and education requirements, applicants for this position must show possession of Office Automation skills and must have typing proficiency of 40 words per minute. Aplicants must meet these requirements by passing the appropriate performance test, presenting a certificate of proficiency from a school or other organization authorized to issue certificates by the Office of Personnel Management, or by self-certifying their proficiency. Falsification of this statement may be grounds for not employing you, or for dismissal.A. I certify I type at least 40 words per minute and possess the knowledge of general office automation software, such as word processing, personal computers, electronic mail, database, spreadsheets etc.
Experience and Education requirements for the Secretary (OA), GS-05.
7. Please choose from response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualification for the GS-05, Secretary (OA).A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service which involved performing a range of clerical and/or secretarial duties to include arranging for conferences, meetings, and training sessions; preparing and reviewing correspondence; ensuring that all requests for action or information are acted upon and due dates are met; making travel arranagements; processing time and attendance records; maintaining office filing systems; and word processing (typing a variety of correspondence, reports, statistical charts, or simliar). These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
8. Prepare agendas and made arrangements for meetings and/or conferences.
9. Maintain calendar or schedules for program staff.
10. Review incoming memos to determine their significance and to plan for their distribution.
11. Organize and maintain paper and electronic files and records for office.
12. Proofread letters and other documents for grammatical errors.
13. Knowledge of office procedures and records maintenance to research, distribute, maintain and dispose or retain files accordingly.
14. Maintain electronic time and attendance files and make travel arrangements for staff.
15. Order office supplies, printing support and related materials and services.
16. Evaluate administrative support functions and operations to identify problems, inefficiencies and potential problems.
17. Provide advice and guidance on new improvements in administrative procedures.
18. Develop guidelines, work processes, and operations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, or timeliness of procedures.
19. Proofread letters or other documents for clarity, proper format, grammar and typographical accuracy.
20. Use a computer to store, retrieve, manipulate, transfer, compute and print information.
21. Prepare documents using word processing software to create, format, modify and print documents electronically.
22. Create spreadsheets with a matrix of rows and columns that could add, delete and modify records.
23. Create a database to organize and store electronic information into general categories or files.
24. use desktop publishing software to lay out text, graphics and pictures on a page.
25. Send information (attachments and links) through an electronic mail system to designated distribution lists and recipients.
26. Receive telephone calls, greets visitors and directs to appropriate staff or office.
27. Provide general guidance and recommendations to callers on office procedures.
28. Develop and maintain effective relationships with others to complete daily tasks.
29. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. For each task listed below, choose the letter that best describes your answer.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.