Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level leading quick-response teams in responding to customer service problems resulting from catastrophic events; issuing technical bulletins via the intranet to inform customers of problems and to instruct them in taking necessary actions; planning and coordinating actions with interagency infrastructure protection groups to ensure an integrated response to problems of a potentially extensive nature; managing special projects that have a significant impact on the delivery of customer support services; performing Information Technology Service Desk Management functions..
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. Issue technical bulletins.
4. Provide leadership and direction to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the end user services and support process.
5. Develop specifications for user instruction manuals.
6. Work with, understand, and evaluate technical information related to IT service desk management; and advise others on detailed technical issues associated with service desk management.
7. Provide IT related input to an annual budget.
8. Initiate and sustain customer outreach to pro-actively inform, manage expectations, and enhance perceptions that will successfully produce positive feedback from customers.
9. Coordinate, gather and analyze information, to influence and persuade individuals to accept and implement findings and recommendations.
10. Monitor expenditures to ensure cost-effective IT support and the prevention of fraud, waste, and abuse.
11. Participate in meetings, conferences and presentations informing customers about IT service desk issues related to scope, schedule, performance, risks, and to facilitate policy and procedure changes.
12. Communicate orally and in writing to individuals or groups, taking into account the audience and nature of the information conveyed.
13. Make clear and convincing presentations, listen effectively, and clarify information.
14. Consult with experts in other specialty areas to develop integrated action plans.
15. Develop and update policies/procedures for instruction manuals.
16. Motivate people to complete tasks, improve performance, work as a team, solve problems and manage change.
17. Perform IT service desk management operational support and problem resolution.
18. Inform customers of problems and instruct them in taking necessary corrective actions.
19. Resolve complaints from internal/external customers.
20. Identify and correct potential problems or errors in the service desk environment in order to minimize the impact on mission operations and delivery of successful customer service.
21. Provide service desk expertise and leadership in the planning, execution and oversight of customer services.
22. Exercise leadership skills to accomplish work through staff providing Tier-1 help desk services.
23. Coordinate, communicate and integrate IT activities of the service desk with cross-discipline partners in networking and security to ensure that the work effort achieves the outcome as specified within the business strategies.
24. Develop, coordinate and formulate internal and external program policy issues that affect organization operations; short- and long-term program missions, objectives, goals, schedules or operational initiatives as a result of new technology or changes in program, legislation and/or funding requirements.
25. Develop useful reports, presentations, and business case analysis that depict program improvements, operational status, contractual performance, and resource impacts.
26. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.