PLEASE BE SURE TO DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR RESUME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. It is important that your submitted application package clearly shows that you possess the experience and skill levels that you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume for this position. If not, your rating score will be adjusted or your application will be determined not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating your application ineligible and
losing consideration or for terminating your employment, if hired.
1. Select the letter corresponding to the statement that best describes your background related to this Administrative Officer, GS-341-14 position. I have at least one year of specialized experience in the federal government, other state, local or non-profit organization, or the private sector that is equivalent to at least the GS-13 level that has given me the experience providing oversight and supervision in the following area(s):A. Financial management and budgets
If you answered E (experience in two areas) or F (experience in three areas) in the above question, please indicate the areas (financial management and budgets; human resources; facilities management; or contracts and procurements) in which you have experience in providing oversight and management.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of all federal laws, practices and procedures in formulating, overseeing and managing the financial requirements of a multifaceted system that includes a combination of complex budget activities. Please select only one letter.
2. Formulates and manages a multifaceted financial system for Federal, State, or local governments that include complex budget activities.
3. Management and oversight of financial management programs, which includes major elements of budget development and execution, travel management, travel card issuance and delinquency reports, voucher and schedule certification.
4. Knowledge of Federal, State, or local government budgeting regulations, laws, practices and procedures in formulating budgets and managing finances.
5. Develops and implements management systems and procedures for financial controls and reports, budget preparation, and fiscal status reports.
6. Monitors disaster specific funds and accounts which requires complex budget tracking, reporting, analysis and reconciliation.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your ability to communicate in writing, such as contracts, reports, letters or documents, when performing administrative/program or specialized work. Please select only one letter.
7. Develops and writes guidance, provides input on policies and regulations, and associated interpretive material.
8. Develops guidance and instructions that explain or elaborate on HQ and site specific policies and procedures.
9. Establishes guidelines and performance expectations of staff.
10. Develops recommendations and advice on administrative requirements for a complex organization.
11. Effectively communicates ideas, opinions, policies and procedures to management and staff.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your ability to manage administrative functions in a Federal Agency, including human resources, budget/finance, and contracting/procurement and facilities management. Please select only one letter.
12. Manages a full range of administrative support services in a federal agency with varied functions and programs.
13. Applies federal management regulations and concepts for such areas as human resources, budgeting and facilities management.
14. Applies federal personnel regulations regarding recruitment, selection, hiring, time and attendance.
15. Coordinates, directs, and oversees all building management issues and acts as the liaison for all building management issues.
16. Tracks and documents contact with building management, ensuring proper procedures are followed for procurement, bids, etc.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of administrative management principles and methods including interpreting policy, developing and implementation of local policy and guidance, and providing advice to management. Please select only one letter.
17. Principle advisor on all administrative matters associated with programs and operations for the organization.
18. Interprets and recommends administrative management matters associated with programs and operations to senior management.
19. Handles administrative problems or issues that require analysis of a number of different guidelines which apply very generally or which point toward conflicting decisions.
20. Participates in developing and implementing administrative management policies.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of the requirements for hiring and cadre maintenance of on-call temporary employees to support a multi-faceted contact center. Please select only one letter.
21. Manages an office that is responsible for hiring and maintaining a staff of temporary employees who work in a customer contact center.
22. Leads outreach and retention activities in support of staffing for a high volume customer contact center.
23. Manages recruitment, selection, hiring and activation procedures for up to 750 temporary full time, part time and intermittent employees to provide staff augmentation in disaster response operations.
24. Supervises and manages a staff of up to 50 or more administrative employees.
25. Resolves conflicts, develops work improvement plans, recommends personnel actions as necessary.