PLEASE BE SURE TO DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR RESUME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. It is important that your submitted application package clearly shows that you possess the experience and skill levels that you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume for this position. If not, your rating score will be adjusted or your application will be determined not qualified. The information you provide will be verified.
1. Carefully read the responses below and select the letter corresponding to the statement that best describes your background related to this Supervisory Emergency Management Program Specialist, GS-301-9.A. I have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the local or state level administering and implementing Individual Assistance programs, regulations and policies as it relates to disaster response and recovery.
Do you have experience in the execution of the legislation, policies, procedures and regulations concerning FEMA’s disaster assistance programs, direct housing missions, and grants management principles, including experience in coordinating the implementation of disaster assistance programs provided through Individual Assistance components of the organization and required for response, recovery and the continued management of presidentially declared emergencies and major disasters under the provision of Public Law 93-288, regulations, policies, and manuals and procedures.A. Yes, I have demonstrated experience in the areas indicated above.
For each of the task statements below, please select the response that best indicates the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The task statements were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position.
Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
3. Experience in two (2) or more phases of emergency management with an emphasis in disaster response and recovery operations.
4. An in-depth knowledge of the provisions of the Stafford Act for requesting, processing and providing Federal disaster assistance.
5. General knowledge of emergency management program, authorities and operations.
6. Participation in preliminary damage and/or rapid needs assessment, and in the review, interpretation and evaluation of damage assessment reports.
7. Demonstrated understanding of preliminary damage assessments and rapid needs assessment, the difference between them, and the purpose for each.
8. Brief senior management in a clear concise manner.
9. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience in administering Individual Assistance disaster assistance programs from FEMA, SBA, ARC, State or local entities, and experience coordinating ESF #6 (Mass Care) activities.
10. Demonstrated success in coordination of delivery of FEMA, SBA, ARC, State or Local agencies' assistance to individuals program to individuals or businesses as a result of a Presidential Declaration.
11. Implement and manage an Individual Assistance program component.
12. Demonstrated, through successful assignments, analysis of Individual Assistance emergency recovery issues at the Regional-level.
13. Analysis of Individual Assistance emergency recovery issues and presenting recommendations at the field level (JFO, NPSC).
14. Experience presenting clear presentations, including options and recommendations, following analysis of Individual Assistance recovery requirements or capabilities.
15. Communicate complex information and/or discuss controversial issues concerning Individual Assistance.
16. General experience delivering oral briefings on information dealing with disaster response and/or participating in meetings during disaster field operations.
17. Experience verbally presenting complex information and discussing controversial issues concerning Individual Assistance programs in meetings with leadership and other senior-level government officials, congressional offices, media and large, sometimes contentious audiences of the general public.
Please select the response below that best describes your ability to communicate in writing.
18. Writing executive summaries, positions papers, strategic plans, reports on program policy issues or revisions to existing policies/guidance.
19. General experience developing reports and drafting summaries on trends and activities related to Individual Assistance programs.
20. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the answers that I have provided in this questionnaire are true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001), my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 CFR part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "NO" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify my answers provided in this questionnaire are true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.