For item 1 please read the following statement carefully. Your response to this question will determine whether you will or will not be eligible for this position. If you respond No to any question in this section, you will not be eligible for consideration for this position.
1. Are you willing to submit to an initial background investigation?A. Yes
For item 2, please read the following statement carefully.
2. From the description below, select the ONE response that best describes your experience and/or education level that demonstrates you meet the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Administrative Support Specialist.A. For the GS-11 level, I have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or I have a LL.M., if related. This education was obtained at an accredited college or university. (Note: You must provide transcripts as verification of your education). (Foreign education must be comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States).
For items/tasks, choose ONE of the statements from the list below that best describes your HIGHEST level of work experience and/or training for each task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in this task.
3. Provide advice, guidance and assistance to organizational staff on a wide range of administrative areas, including facilities management, human resources, procurement and security.
4. Advise management on administrative policies, procedures and regulations.
5. Recommend and facilitate implementation of new approaches to address administrative issues.
6. Conduct negotiations with vendors to obtain goods and services.
7. Develop short and long-range plans and/or projects needed to achieve organizational goals.
8. Research, interpret and apply rules, regulations and policies related to facilities management.
9. Oversee the operation, maintenance and scheduling of repairs to a physical plant.
10. Monitor performance and compliance with the terms and conditions of purchase orders.
11. Negotiate agreements and logistical arrangements related to space changes and renovations.
12. Coordinate technological requirements associated with space planning.
13. Procure, maintain and upgrade furniture, office equipment, and security systems.
14. Plan and coordinate office moves and renovations within an organization.
15. Participate in emergency planning exercises.
16. Conduct orientation sessions for new employees.
17. Develop health/wellness and work/life programs on topics of interest to a Federal workforce.
18. Address questions related to federal benefits programs.
19. Use automated system to perform research, generate data and compile reports.
20. Analyze data and report conclusions.
21. Establish standards for contractor or vendor work performance.
22. Review the work of others for quality, timeliness and acceptability.
23. Complete work assignments thoroughly and accurately in high pressure situations.
24. Support an organization on a wide range of complex and unusual assignments.
25. Proactively seek to understand and anticipate the administrative concerns of clients.
26. Independently respond to questions on administrative procedures and policies.
27. Participate in the evaluation of studies to validate workforce issues and opinions and develop plans to solve customer service issues.
28. Establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders while providing administrative services to an organization.
29. Negotiate agreements, logistical arrangements and/or vendor services.
30. Handle controversial or contentious matters in an effective, tactful manner.
31. Oversee the work of contractors providing administrative services.
32. Anticipates problems and develops preemptive strategies and methods in order to avoid or reduce their impact on administrative operations, programs, and services.
33. Identifies strategies to solve administrative problems that are consistent with organizational goals.
34. Utilizes data to make recommendations to resolve complex issues.
35. Develop and implement innovative tools and techniques to solve problems.
36. Identifies strategies to solve administrative problems that are consistent with organizational goals.
37. Oversee and critique the work of contractors, vendors and service providers in an effective and tactful manner.
38. Address questions and problems raised by clients with clarity and conciseness.
39. Prepare reports which provide guidance on administrative policies and/or procedures.
40. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: Understand this warning; have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.