1. Are you a Citizen of the United States?
2. Are you proficient in spoken and written English as required by VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Chapter 3, Section A, Paragraph 3?
Area of Consideration
3. Are you currently an employee of the Miami VA Healthcare System?
4. Have you successfully completed a full 4-year-degree course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's degree, with a major in an appropriate social or biological science, which included or was supplemented by 12 semester hours in psychology? (MUST SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS)
5. Do you have one (1) year technical work under the direction of a professional psychologist in a program of professional services, training or research experience equivalent to at least the GS-5 level in Federal Service? Technical work includes conducting clinical interview; administering and scoring neuropsychological tests and instruments; documenting clinical services and workload; and administering and scheduling referrals for neuropsychological evaluation. OR have you completed one (1) year of graduate study in psychology in an accredited college or university?
The following statements pertain to your ability to conduct psychometric assessments (administration, scoring and reporting, data collection/management of various psychological instruments and standardized interviews).A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task
6. Conducts psychometric assessments to include administration, scoring and reporting, data collection/management of various psychological instruments.
7. Conducts standardized interviews, using questionnaires and checklists.
8. Uses appropriate age and cultural norms in gathering and reporting data and observation.
The following statements pertain to your ability to provide therapeutic interventions.
9. Provides individual and group counseling.
10. Administers and documents various psychoeducational interventions.
11. Reviews patient charts to determine appropriate evaluations and interventions.
The following statements pertain to your skill in the application and utilization of concepts and techniques of psychology as appropriate to duties.
12. Provides care appropriate to the age of patients assigned in different areas.
13. Collects data through personal interviews and structured evaluations and surveys, review of patient medical records and other historical materials.
14. Is aware of any significant behavior or reaction by patients to any psychological service which would be relevant to treatment, progress, or adverse events.
The following statements pertain to your ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a variety of customers in order to obtain and provide information.
15. Therapeutically interacts with psychiatric and medically ill patients, their families and caregivers.
16. Collects and records data, both on paper and on computers, analyzes and evaluates data and presents summary of data in relevant manner or communicate it to designated officials.
17. Administers and documents various psychoeducational interviews.