Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
1. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?A. Yes
The following question pertains to your citizenship.
2. Are you a United States Citizen?A. Yes
The following question pertains to your licensure and/or certification. Note: The Social Worker must maintain a full, valid and unrestricted independent license or certification to remain qualified for employment.
3. Are you licensed or certified by a state to independently practice social work at the master's degree level?A. Yes
The following question pertains to your degree in Social Work. You must have a master's degree in social work from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. A doctoral degree in social work may not be substituted for the master's degree in social work.
4. Do you have a master's degree in social work from a school of social work full accredited by the Council on Social Work Education?A. Yes
The following question pertains to your experience. In additional to meeting the basic requirement, you must also have experience that demonstrates possession of advanced practice skills and judgment. At least two years should be in an area of specialized social work practice. Senior Social Workers must be licensed or certified by a state at the advanced practice level which included an Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) advanced generalist or clinical examination, unless you are grandfathered by the state in which you are licensed to practice at the advanced practice level. To be creditable, your experience must have required the use of knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics associated with current professional social work practice and must also have been at the level comparable to social work experience at the next lower grade. This experience is only creditable if it is obtained following graduation with a master's degree in social work and if it includes work as a professional social worker directly related to this position.
5. Do you have experience demonstrating possession of advanced practice skills and judgment as described in the paragraph above?A. Yes
In the space provided below, you must also include information to support your possession of each of the five required professional knowledge, skills and abilities. This information will be used by the Professional Standards Board to determine your salary. The questionnaire will not allow you to skip any of the following five statements.
Advanced knowledge of and mastery of theories and modalities used in the specialized treatment of complex physical or mental illness. Ability to incorporate complex multiple causation in differential diagnosis and treatment of veteran patients, including making psychosocial and psychiatric diagnoses within approved clinical privileges or scope of practice. Ability to determine priority for services and provide specialized treatment services.
Advanced and expert skill in a range of specialized interventions and treatment modalities used in specialty treatment programs or with special patient populations. This includes individual, group, and/or family counseling or psychotherapy and advanced level psychosocial and/or case management interventions used in the treatment of veterans with polytraumatic injuries, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, visual impairment, post-traumatic stress disorder, etc.
Advanced knowledge and expert skill in developing and implementing methods for measuring effectiveness of social work practice and services in the specialty area, utilizing outcome evaluations to improve treatment services. Ability to coordinate the delivery of specialized psychosocial services and programs. Ability to design system changes based on empirical findings.
Ability to provide subject matter consultation to colleagues and students on the psychosocial treatment of patients treated in the specialty area, rendering professional opinions based on experience and expertise and role modeling effective social work practice skills. Ability to teach and mentor staff and students in the specialty area of practice and to provide supervision for licensure or for specialty certifications.
Ability to expand clinical knowledge in the profession, demonstrating innovation i the creation of new models of psychosocial assessment or intervention to identify and address specialized clinical needs. Ability to write policies, procedures, and/or practice guidelines pertaining to the specialty population or specialty treatment program.
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
6. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
REMINDER- you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1 .VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations
2. CV or Resume
3. Proof of current certification, licensure or registration
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION REMINDER-You must submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference must also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage). For more information on the Veteran's Preference, go to www.opm.gov/veterans.