1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must upload a copy of your Form BIA-4432, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and you are submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must upload a copy of your most recent SF 50-B to verify status, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veterans Preference? Note: You must upload your supporting documentation; otherwise credit will not be given. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.aspA. Yes
4. Do you possess a valid state drivers license which you have held for at least two years preceding this application?A. Yes
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
Basic Education Requirement: Individual Occupational Requirements for the General Education and Training Series, 1701.
6. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education you have that demonstrates that you meet the basic requirements for the GS-1701 Athletics Program Director position.A. I possess a Degree that included or was supplemented by major study in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position (typically a degree in Health, Sports and Exercise Science with an emphasis in Sports Administration or Sports Management.
Experience and Education Requirements for the Athletics Program Director position.
7. Please choose from response below that best indicates how you meet the minimum qualification for the GS-11 Athletics Program Director position.A. I possess one year of specialized work experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 grade level performing duties such as: responsible for leadership of an athletic program including the management and administration, training plans, and resources; athletic development and assessment; maintenance of effective relationships with professional athletic programs of other higher education institutions, tribal communities and other stakeholders. Sounds okay
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of education principles, theories, and practices of higher education administration. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
8. Knowledge of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) Eligibility Compliance with basic knowledge of National Junior College Athletic Association and National Collegiate Athletic Association Compliance.
9. Assure understanding of NAIA initiatives for coaches and student-athletes. To include NAIA Champions of Character programming or similar programs offered at the NJCAA or NCAA levels.
10. Provide sports management programming to include sports information, athletic performance, facility management, equipment distribution, branding, marketing, etc.
11. Ability to develop and manage departmental, team, and special events budgets; order equipment; and ensure departmental compliance with all university cash handling and management policies.
12. Responsible for planning, managing and coordinating all administrative matters such as program budget, human resources, acquisition, safety, etc.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your ability to organize work, set priorities, determine resource requirements; determine short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them. Select only one letter for each task.
13. Evaluate professional development needs for staff.
14. Develop seminars, training sessions and other professional development activities.
15. Knowledge of scheduling of contests; general knowledge of officiating to assure officials are on par with their responsibilities; responsible for logistics and travel.
16. Plan, direct and evaluate faculty and staff development activities.
17. Assign work to subordinate employees based on organization priorities.
18. Plan, oversee, and carry out proactive marketing, promotion and advertising the overall intercollegiate athletic program.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of principles, concepts and techniques for developing a total athletic program. Select only one letter for each task.
19. Ability to judge and evaluate the performance of athletics to ensure the most qualified are selected and trained.
20. Administrate all conference and national athletic rules and regulations compliance.
21. Knowledge of rules and regulations to comply with National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA).
22. Work with faculty athletic representative to determine eligibility of all athletes in all sports.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of interpersonal skills. Select only one letter for each task.
23. Provided students with information concerning alternatives, limitations, and possible outcomes of academic choices.
24. Provided campus resources according to individual needs.
25. Encouraged students to review their academic progress regularly searching for possible conflicts or omissions.
26. Participated in advisory committees.
27. Contacted others orally to obtain information.
28. Responded orally to inquiries or requests for information.
29. Developed and maintained effective relationships with others to complete daily tasks.
30. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. For each task listed below, choose the letter that best describes your answer.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.