Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Indicate your availability for employment.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty code as defined below. Your selection will be used to determine your consideration for this position under competitive or non-competitive merit promotion procedures. The specialty codes for this position are 001 and 002. You must select at least one specialty code; however, you may select both codes, if applicable, and you meet eligibility for each type of consideration.
001 Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: Current or former Federal career or career conditional employees who hold, or have held, a non-temporary position in the competitive service, at a lower grade level as the position being announced; Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles: Veterans who are preference eligibles OR who have separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous service.
002 Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA; Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments); Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: military spouses under E.O. 13473; Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA); certain former overseas employees; present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; former White House staff; present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; certain National Guard technicians; and Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement; Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a Federal career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level as the position being announced; and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) eligibles: displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration as determined by their employing agency
Please note that if you are eligible for consideration under non-competitive merit promotion procedures and you wish to, you may apply under competitive merit promotion as well.
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
This section will be used to identify the level of education achieved, to meet the minimum education requirement(s) for Contract Specialist, GS-1102; or appropriate exception. Transcripts are required to verify your educational claims, or proof of federal service if claiming an exception. Unofficial transcripts may be submitted, however, official transcripts may be required at a later date.
1. For each question, choose the response that best describes your education. Mark only one response for each question. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your resume or application and information obtained from references.
Respond to each of the following questions. For each question, choose the response that best represents your eligibility, employment and skills. Please note that your answers will be verified against the information you provided in your uploaded resume, documents and information provided by your references.
2. Please choose the response that best describes your level of experience as it relates to the work of a Contract Specialist, GS-12.
The following section will used to determine your level of Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) necessary for contract professionals.
3. Please select the response below that best reflects your level of contract certification. (A copy of your certification is required at the time of application.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Questionnaire. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Develops contractual vehicles including use of pricing arrangement, subcontracting policy, set-aside policies or similar considerations.
5. Prepares and maintains acquisition plans, appropriate milestones charts and related schedules.
6. Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of solicitation documents.
7. Performs a detailed analysis of cost elements in contractor's proposals and makes competitive range determinations.
8. Advises program officials of the acquisition strategies and procurement objectives to be used in the procurement process.
9. Assists in the preparation of statements of work that adequately reflect the organizations requirements.
10. Selects appropriate method of procurement i.e. simplified acquisition procedures, sealed-bidding, negotiations.
11. Prepares the solicitation document using standard contract writing systems for issuance, insuring regulatory and legal sufficiency, and promoting maximum competition.
12. Resolves protests, mistakes in bids, late bid situations and coordinate with the Small Business Administration for Certificate of Competencies (COC's).
13. Identifies performance deficiencies, cost overruns, and funding requirements, and initiates appropriate remedial actions to avoid or minimize delays.
14. Conducts research of data, including regulations, legal cases, and policy before making independent decisions that my bind the organization.
15. Analyzes elements such as contractor's business volume, economic conditions, business trends, market conditions, and inflation rates.
16. Administers payment provisions of the contract for partial payments, progress payments and final payments assuring compliance with applicable labor laws.
17. Ensures that the Office of General/Regional Counsel is involved in required contract reviews, terminations, show cause orders, and modifications.
18. Closes out contract upon completion of the contract, resolution of all conflicts, and final disposition of payment and obtains adequate release of claims documents to protect the agency.
19. Analyzes pricing data submitted to determine reasonableness of price and services offered.
20. Identifies appropriate negotiation team members; formulate pre-negotiation objectives.
21. Serves as management representatives in the contact with contracting officials.
22. Conducts post-award conferences with Contractor and Government personnel to provide information and to clarify standard and special contractual provisions of the contract.
23. Advises or coaches negotiation teams.
24. Conducts post-award conferences to assure compliance with applicable laws and contractual provisions.
25. Leads negotiations with contractors to develop the contract prices and terms.
26. Explains contracting programs, policies, and procedures to groups or individuals at meetings, conferences, or in-house visitations.
27. Participates in conferences with industry associates and others for the purpose of expanding competition.
28. Creates and negotiates a wide variety of complex memoranda of agreements/understandings with federal agencies.
29. Develops action plans to ensure that customer requirements are met as pertaining to statements of work, task orders and delivery orders.
30. Prepares contract documents and awards and administers set-aside contracts with various socio economic groups.
31. Prepares documentation and facts pertaining to the subject for further actions by supervisor, legal counsel, or other higher level personnel.
32. I certify that my responses to this questionnaire and the resume and documents provided in my application are true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. NOTE: Failure to certify will render you ineligible for consideration.