Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 845921
Administrative Support Assistant (OA)
Enter the lowest grade level (06-06) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your response to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
For each of the following questions, please select the response that best describes your experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
1. From the description below, select the response that BEST describes the experience you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a GS06 Administrative Support Assistant (OA).A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS05 level in Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of duties: providing clerical and administrative support to employees; using automation processing software and equipment in performing assignments; maintaining files and records; sorting and distributing mail; reviewing documents for completeness of information; and preparing correspondence/documents using advanced word processing software functions.
2. Indicate your level of typing proficiency by choosing the appropriate statement below. A typing test may be administered at a later time in the process.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Collecting, arranging, and evaluating data for analysis.
4. Maintaining responsibility for overall documentation management related to credit card purchases.
5. Accomplishing work assignments independently.
6. Establishing own work priorities.
7. Maintaining awareness of purchase card policies and regulations.
8. Maintaining security and confidentiality of records, equipment, and computer access.
9. Reviewing travel requests for content of key data, such as validity, justification, proper funding, and conformance to applicable regulations and policies.
10. Utilizing a variety of data processing software and computer hardware systems for work processing, electronic mail, electronic calendar, suspense systems, spreadsheets, graphics, and numerous databases.
11. Using a keyboard to prepare letters or other documents.
12. Keeping up with new features in office equipment or technology.
13. Preparing a variety of documents, forms, and reports requiring composing and/or editing data.
14. Using correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, style, and various office forms, correspondence, and formats.
15. Serving as a liaison between personnel (inside and outside agency), users, clients, and customers.
16. Working with others to complete a project.
17. Obtaining facts for making decisions or recommendations.
18. Verifying accuracy and completeness of information on paper or computer documents or records.
19. Resolving purchase card related issues.
20. Assisting in ensuring property which must be accounted for is recorded, located, and utilized.
21. Preparing purchase requests and justification for special expendable items requiring documentation.
22. Receiving and reviewing incoming mail, correspondence, bills, orders, etc., and determining which require supervisor's review and which may be handled personally.
23. Making travel arrangements for personnel.
24. Preparing and/or assisting travelers with travel vouchers upon their return.
25. Assisting personnel with related travel actions, such as amendments, revoked travel authorizations, missed flights, emergency returns, and reporting requirements.
26. Processing badge requests certifying clearance and identification.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. Incomplete/incorrect responses may result in you not receiving appropriate consideration.
27. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history and a pre-employment drug screening, is required for this position.
You have submitted your answers for the Assessment Questionnaire. If you provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of the Assessment Questionnaire. Please review the Vacancy Announcement to assure that you have submitted all necessary supporting documents. Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Top of Form
Bottom of Form