Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 846066
FACILITY OPERATIONS SPECIALIST, GS-1640-7
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (07-07) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the résumé, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: You must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp
Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Drivers License? If you answered "Yes" to question four, please submit a copy of your
current Valid Drivers License with your application.
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-7 Facility Operations Specialist. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select. If qualifying based on education, you must submit a copy of your college or university transcript(s). For more information go to: http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/1600/facility-operations-services-series-1640/
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
6. Assist in studies to both asses program compliance and develop improved techniques to better meet organizational goals for a functional area of activity.
7. Provide technical responsibility for space utilization studies within a defined area.
8. Study space utilization problems.
9. Make recommendations within established procedures and policies to the Facility Manager.
10. Oversee execution of all personnel related matters.
11. Conduct workflow studies of an assigned block of activities.
12. Assist in the maintenance of budget account controls.
13. Perform periodic review of accounting office financial statements.
14. Prepare annual, preliminary, or revised budgets and related operating statements.
15. Analyze program data and assist in the preparation of program plans and proposals.
16. Establish work flow methods and procedures, determine work to be accomplished and set work priorities.
17. Provide advisory services to employees, concerning personnel issues such as personnel actions, health insurance, life insurance, tsp, performance appraisals, IDP's, and awards, payroll problems, etc.
18. Review and interpret new and established directives, instructions, and regulations, etc.
19. Prepare internal instructions, operating policies, procedures, guidelines, etc., concerning a Facility Management program.
20. Maintain established office files and records.
21. Revise procedures or methods to comply with requirements or improve efficiency.
22. Study new office machines and equipment designed to improve or expedite flow of work and recommends accepting or rejecting their use.
23. Use financial automated systems to input, retrieve data for reports and analyzed data.
24. Use automated personnel systems to initiate and track actions and retrieve data for reports.
25. Prepare documents using word processing software to create, format, modify, and print documents electronically.
26. Create spreadsheets with a matrix of rows and columns that could add, delete, or modify records.
27. Create a database to organize and store electronic information into general categories or files.
28. Prepare and present recommendations and solutions regarding complex issues based on analysis and evaluation, including the preparation and presentation of reports proposals, charts and graphs, etc.
29. Establish and maintain effective relationships, gain confidence, and cooperation of supervisors and managers to accept proposal on complex issues.
30. Solve routine problems such as gathering and providing factual information in support of the facility management program.
31. Use discretion and sound judgment on determining any deviation from established procedures.
32. Respond to various questions about the status of projects or procedural aspects of the project or organization of materials required for a report.
33. Contact others orally to obtain information.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
34. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.