Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
1. This position requires that applicants demonstrate that they have taken course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus. Have you taken this course AND is it demonstrated in your transcript(s) that you submitted?A. Yes (transcript demonstrating this must be submitted before the closing date of the job announcement)
If you selected response A above, where on your transcript(s) can the class Differential and Integral Calculus be found? (Please provide in the space below the course title, title number (if applicable), dates taken, and school). Please note that the agency may request, at a later time during the application process, that you provide the course description and/or verification letter from the school demonstrating that this class is equivalent to the required course for the 1320 Chemist series.
2. In addition to the differential and integral calculus course noted above. This position requires that applicants demonstrate that they have taken course work to include 30 semester hours in chemistry, and at least 6 semester hours of physics. Have you taken these courses AND is it demonstrated in your transcript(s) that you submitted?A. Yes (transcript demonstrating this must be submitted before the closing date of the job announcement)
3. From the descriptions below, select the response which demonstrates your experience and/or education as required in meeting the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Chemist, GS-1320.A. I have a bachelor's degree in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering.(Transcript must be submitted)
4. In addition to meeting the basic qualification requirements, you must meet the specialized experience requirements to qualify at the GS-13 level. From the descriptions below, select one response that best describes how your background meets the specialized experience requirements for a Chemist, GS-1320-13 position.A. I possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience is experience in reviewing, evaluating, and interpreting issues related to mycotoxin contamination in plants and plant products; and writing various scientific and technical correspondence related to such issues.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Develop information on the occurrence for mycotoxins in food and relationships of this to agricultural and manufacturing practices.
6. Determine possible corrective measures including regulatory activity, to raise awareness by affected industries of mycotoxin contamination in foods.
7. Keep current on mycotoxin literature for interested research scientists.
8. Maintain reference data base on mycotoxin literature.
9. Assist compliance personnel with preparation of compliance programs involving mycotoxin contamination in foods.
10. Serve as point of contact for mycotoxin contamination issue as it relates to compliance procedures.
11. Provide inquiring food establishment with selective background information on mycotoxin contamination in regards to compliance programs.
12. Draft responses to correspondence from within and outside the agency.
13. Prepare position papers, backgrounders, and briefing materials for top managers.
14. Modify and develop current and future policies and programs.
15. Review and draft comments on proposed international standards.
16. Provide advice to task forces establishing new or receiving regulations, procedures and programs having national and international impact.
17. Attend high-level meetings with top officials.
18. Brief visiting scientist, including foreign visitors on the guidelines and control programs established to monitor the nation's food supply for mycotoxins.