Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
1. This position requires that applicants demonstrate that they have taken course work in mathematics through differential and integral calculus. Have you taken this course? This course must be clearly demonstrated in your transcript. If the course does not have the exact title but is an equivalent course, you must provide proof that this course is equivalent to Differential and Integral Calculus. Proof may consist of a copy of the college course description or other documentation (i.e. letter from the school) demonstrating that this course is equivalent. You must submit any documentation to support this by the closing date of the announcement.A. Yes
2. In addition to the differential and integral calculus course noted above. This position requires that applicants demonstrate that they have taken course work to include 30 semester hours in chemistry, and at least 6 semester hours of physics. Have you taken these courses AND is it demonstrated in your transcript(s) that you submitted?A. Yes (transcript demonstrating this must be submitted before the closing date of the job announcement)
3. From the descriptions below, select the response which demonstrates your experience and/or education as required in meeting the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Chemist, GS-1320.A. I have a bachelor's degree in physical sciences, life sciences, or engineering.(Transcript must be submitted)
4. In addition to meeting the basic qualification requirements, you must meet the specialized experience requirements to qualify at the GS-14 level. From the descriptions below, select one response that best describes how your background meets the specialized experience requirements for a Chemist, GS-1320-14 position.A. I possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13level in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience is experience in serving as a subject matter expert on pesticide residues in foods policies, procedures, and issues; representing Agency's positions regarding pesticide residues in foods; and developing technical and scientific correspondence related to such programs.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Provide technical advice to management on issues related to pesticide residues in foods.
6. Advise other offices on initiatives for monitoring pesticide residues in foods.
7. Collaborate with other agencies (i.e. Environmental Protection Agency, United States Department of Agriculture, etc.) on programs related to pesticide residues in foods.
8. Provide policy, scientific, and technical advice to industry officials.
9. Provide policy, scientific, and technical advice to Federal, State, and local public health officials.
10. Draft responses to correspondence from within and outside the agency.
11. Prepare position papers, backgrounders, and briefing materials for top managers.
12. Revise current and develop future policies and programs.
13. Interpret data to recommend approval/disapproval of actions.
14. Review petitions on plant and plant derived foods and beverages.
15. Provide support to task forces establishing new or receiving regulations, procedures, and programs having national and international impact.
16. Attend high-level meetings with top level officials.
17. Prepare and present programs on pesticide residues in foods for a wide range of audiences.
18. Serve as the agency representative on issues related to pesticide residues in foods.