Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however we cannot process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 846664
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (09-09) you will accept. The grade level equates to the General Schedule (GS) salary for this position http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/html/dcb.asp. Candidates are considered separately for each grade level. If you are determined qualified for the position and rank high enough among the best qualified candidates to be referred for the potential selection, you will be considered only for the grade level(s) you choose.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about this opportunity vacancy.
If you have selected "Newspaper" or "Other", please provide name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
The occupational speciality will be selected for you if there is only one. Otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience. Job related experience is experience acquired while working in a specific field or occupation.
Please choose either YES or NO for the following question.A- Yes.
1. Do you have one year of specialized experience, GS-07 which is directly related to this line of work AND have the ability to speak one of the following Asian languages(Burmese, Cantonese, Indonesian, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Mandarin, Thai, Tibetan or Vietnamese)?
Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as knowledge of principles of administration such as the ability to promote effective communication, maintain comprehensive records, research and compile information from a variety of sources, skill in evaluating programs and procedures and must have knowledge of Asian countries and demonstrated knowledge of international broadcasting and how news is presented on various platforms.
Do you have the education requirement AND have the ability to speak one of the following Asian languages(Burmese, Cantonese, Indonesian, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Mandarin, Thai, Tibetan or Vietnamese)?
The education requirement may be met by a master's or equivalent graduate degree or two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree.
Do you have a combination of education and experience AND have the ability to speak one of the following Asian languages(Burmese, Cantonese, Indonesian, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Mandarin, Thai, Tibetan or Vietnamese)?
Equivalent combinations of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet the experience requirement.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training, or experience performing this task.
2. Knowledge of the principles of administration such as managing complexity in decision making, promoting effective communication. maintain accurate, comprehensive and accessible records, actively manage unresolved and difficult cases.
3. Skill in completing a number of assignments on a deadline.
4. Knowledge of regulations and procedures pertaining to budget, travel, contracting and procurement, time and attendance, and staffing.
5. Ability to communicate orally with officials at the management level.
6. Ability to be able to communicate in writing with employees.
7. Knowledge of International news broadcasting.
8. Knowledge of how news is presented on International websites and social media platforms.
9. Knowledge of Asia's history, culture, politics, economics, and social life.
10. Ability to take action on a vast amount of material.
11. Ability to research and compile information form a variety of sources to respond to inquiries or request from management.