BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THEANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. Choose one answer that best describes your education, experience or combination of education and experience as related to the minimum qualification requirements for this GS-1102-9 Contract Specialist position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-7 level performing contract pre-award work to secure contracts for the acquisition of goods and services and ensuring that procurements are obtained from responsible sources at fair and reasonable prices. This experience includes assisting in the transitioning of national pre-positioned contracts to local vendors, for the procurement of supplies and services for the agency in compliance with Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act.
POSITIVE EDUCATION ELIGIBILITY
2. Choose one answer below that best describes your educational requirements as related to the minimum qualification requirements for this Contract Specialist position at the GS-9 level.A. I have a Bachelor Degree.
You may use this box to list college courses, credit hours earned and grades if the information is not documented by an official or unofficial transcript.
For this and the following questions, please select the ONE statement from the list provided that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each question. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the
questions below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
3. Performs cost or price analysis, including review of cost breakdowns to determine reasonableness.
4. Reviews requests for the procurement of complex equipment and/or services.
5. Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
6. Solicits proposals from prospective contractors and analyzes these for conformance with the solicitation.
7. Prepares invitation for bids
8. Uses formal advertising procedures for solicitation of bids
9. Determines financial responsibility and performance capability of the bidders.
10. Performs cost or price analysis, including review of cost breakdowns to determine reasonableness.
11. Obtains audits and pricing reports to develop negotiation strategy.
12. Performs procurement planning to develop objectives in terns of competition and price range, and constructs the contractual vehicle including use of pricing arrangements, subcontracting policy, set-aside policies, and similar considerations.
13. Preparation of acquisition plans, milestone charts and related schedules for major complex projects.
14. Develops procurement objectives in terms of completion and price range, and develops the contract, utilizing pricing arrangements, subcontracting policy, set-aside policies and similar considerations.
15. Independently reviews contractor performance thought site visits and correspondence for completion of applicable contract clauses.
16. Ensures compliance with technical, financial, delivery, and other terms of the contract.