Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 09.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Please review the description below and select the most appropriate category (you must choose one):
Choose 001 - Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Choose 002 - Non-Competitive MP: This applies to the following candidates:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Project Specialist, GS-301-09.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service to include experience managing projects or project segments through full project life-cycle to include the planning, budgeting, requirements development, design development and implementation phase.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Manage projects or project segments through full product life-cycle, including the planning, budgeting, requirements development, design development and implementation phases.
3. Plan, coordinate, and establish operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of project's mission.
4. Propose action plans and schedules for specific phases of project accomplishment, both short and long-range.
5. Establish systems to review, control, and report on project status while identifying problems in achieving project milestones.
6. Conduct studies of existing procedures and makes recommendations or independently revises and develops alternative procedures improving the operation of the program.
7. Manage project resources to meet goals and objectives recommending approval adjustments to resources as needed.
8. Formulate recommendations and opinions based on background and understand policies, regulations, past practices, procedures and information.
9. Assess organizational and program problems and work processes and procedures identifying problem areas making recommendations as necessary.
10. Gather and organize information from a variety of sources such as records, computer flies, previous studies and interviews developing solutions and measurements of productivity and effectiveness for use by others.
11. Conduct studies of existing procedures and makes recommendations or independently revises and develops alternative procedures improving the operation of the program.
12. Conduct briefings and provide periodic reports to keep managers and executives advised of project plans and progress to communicate findings and recommendations.
13. Participate and plan meetings, conferences, and committees advocating policies and priorities assuring appropriate parties are notified and agenda prepare background information for speakers.
14. Prepare drafts, memoranda, policy statements, and/or other written guidelines, recommendations, or reports to the projects.
15. Contributes to the improvement of the program by developing policies, procedures, and updating standard operating procedures pertinent to the program.
Top of Form
Bottom of Form