1. Carefully read each question and all possible answers before selecting a response. Choose the one answer that best describes your experience, education OR combination of education and experience AND indicate your response below: (See the Qualifications Section of the vacancy announcement for additional information.)A. I have at least 4 years of experience in contracting or related positions AND at least 1 full year of this experience is specialized and equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service AND I have completed a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree in an accredited college or university AND my degree included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. OR
2. Choose the answer that best describes your education and experience:A. In addition to the basic qualification requirement above, I have completed the coursework for the FAC-C level one and two certifications. Specific requirements for the certification includes: CON 100 Shaping Smart Business Arrangements, CON 110 or FCN 110 Mission Support Planning, CON 111 Mission Strategy Execution, CON 112 or FCN 112 Mission Performance Assessment, CON 120 Mission Focused Contracting, CON 200 Business Decisions for Contracting or CON 214 Business Decisions for Contracting, CON 215 Intermediate Contracting for Mission Support, CON 216 Legal Considerations in Contracting, CON 217 Cost Analysis and Negotiation Techniques, CON 218 Advanced Contracting for Mission Support and 3 elected courses in related fields.
3. Choose the one answer that best describes your education and experience.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal government serving as a Contract Specialist responsible for analyzing availability of potential suppliers or developing new sources of supply and to assess market impact of large Government contracts, procuring complex supplies, services, support; writing operating procedures to implement policy issuances; interpreting regulations and policies for operational specialists and analyzing impact on local procedures for local organization.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Perform Cost and Price Analysis using audits and other financial methods.
5. Participate in pre-negotiation, pre-award and post-award conferences.
6. Edit acquisition reports for technical accuracy, adherence to policy, organization of material, clarity of materials and appropriateness for intended audiences.
7. Review acquisition requests and determines the appropriate method of acquisition, e.g., purchase card, invitation for bid, or requisition.
8. Develop negotiation position and determined type of contract and contractual provisions that would provide the best vehicle for obtaining required services or supplies.
9. Experience negotiating modifications, approving contract payments, and initiating termination procedures as necessary.
10. Prepare documents concerning protests by unsuccessful offerors and / or claims and making recommendations for resolutions.
11. Analyze statements of work and specifications to ensure their adequacy and / or to recommend revisions.
12. Conduct all phases of competitive source selections.
13. Analyze industry pricing trends and marketing practices.
14. Familiarity with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
15. Experience with FAR Part 15 competitive negotiated procurements including processing request for proposals, making an award decision or award recommendation to a source selection officials.
16. Experience with Section 508 of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
17. Experience communicating orally with contractors regarding a wide range of pre and post award issues
18. Present various opinions on an acquisition topic to management or to co-workers and recommending a course of action.
19. Develop written materials for briefings, meetings or conferences.
20. Justify decisions, conclusions, findings, or recommendations.
21. Prepare issue papers, briefing materials or informational material on acquisition issues to subject matter groups and / or management officials at all levels within an organization.