Have you received any Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) from the Federal Government within the last 5 years?
If currently active duty in the U.S. Military, provide anticipated date of separation/retirement or start of terminal leave (mm/dd/yyyy):
If retired from the military provide your rank and the date of retirement:
If retired because of a service connected disability, transferred to the permanent disability retirement list, or currently receiving compensation for a service connected disability, indicate the percentage of the disability:
Date of your last VA Letter or other Armed Forces Disability Letter (mm/dd/yyyy):
Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50’s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee - I am currently employed as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) federal employee in the competitive service (will show a 1 in box 34 of SF-50) or I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34). Note: Your resume must include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) - I am a veteran who served substantially 3 or more years of continuous active duty in the military - OR - I am a preference eligible; AND I was discharged under honorable conditions. Note: If you are responding yes, ensure that you have answered all applicable veterans’ questions in both the Eligibility Information and Other Information sections of this questionnaire. Visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx for veterans' preference eligibility requirements.A. Yes
3. Reinstatement- I was formerly employed as a permanent federal civilian employee (Tenure 1 or 2 in block 24 of your SF-50) in the competitive service (SF-50 will show a 1 in block 34) who 1) previously attained career status - OR- is a veterans' preference eligible and served at least one day as a career conditional employee - OR - 3) separated from civil service as a career-conditional employee within the past three years. I am NOT a current permanent federal employee. Note: Your resume must include a work experience with position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment that supports previous federal employment and your reinstatement eligibility.A. Yes
4. Annuitant - I am currently receiving an annuity for service as a federal civil servant. If selected, I would be serving as a re-employed annuitant.A. Yes
5. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a Non-DoD federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified. NOTE: If you indicate "yes" for this statement, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.A. Yes
6. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. Do you have the ability to perform the duties of an Animal Caretaker without more than normal supervision which includes the care and maintenance of one or more species of laboratory animals for research purposes?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I know little or nothing about this.
2. Provide husbandry for one or more species of laboratory animals (e.g. primates, canines, ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, rats, mice and others) following standard or special operating procedures.
3. Prepare specialized diets for animals in accordance with instructions.
4. Observe environmental conditions in the animal facility and record or report any changes in temperature, humidity, ventilation or lighting to supervisory personnel.
5. Observe animals' appearance for early detection of illness, disease (e.g. diarrhea, constipation, worms, vomiting sores, tumors) and report any noted effects to supervisory personnel.
6. Keep records and prepares reports and work orders pertaining to environmental conditions and/or food intake in accordance with normal operating procedures.
7. Recognize changes in physical activity of animals and discerns causes or reports the conditions to the supervisor.
8. Observe feeding habits of animals and record or report deviation of normal procedures to supervisory personnel.
9. Responsible for identification of animals during the cleaning and rotating of cages and equipment.
10. Unload, move and store feed, equipment and supplies.
11. Operate machinery and equipment typically used in barrier or conventional animal care programs such as autoclaves, air showers, cage washing machines, automatic bottle filler, floor scrubbing machines, ventilated cage racks, clean hoods, biological safety cabinets, light meters.
12. Report any defects in the operation of equipment and inform the animal caretaker leader of the necessary repairs.
13. Cleans and sanitizes, cages, rooms holding areas, and equipment.
14. Receive animals, equipment and supplies in accordance with instructions of an animal caretaker leader.
15. Assist or train researchers in the handling/proper restraint of experimental animal to provide safety to both researcher and the animal.
16. Inventories animals on a periodic, regular schedule and maintains current, accurate inventory records.
17. Comply with all safety standards and assist lower graded employees in using protective clothing and equipment.
18. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you.
Please take this opportunity to review your rating to ensure the accuracy of your answers and that they are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.