1. Select the answer below that describes your education as it relates to the basic qualification requirements for this position. If you select A or B, please submit a copy of your transcripts for verification.A. I have completed a bachelor's or higher degree in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position (such as food safety/food science).
Your responses to the questions below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the Program Specialist (Food Safety/Food Science) position. Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience and/or education you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
2. Choose one answer below that best describes your education and/or experience for the GS-09 level.A. I have one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in federal service which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped me with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience includes experience that may have been limited to various routine segments of a research education, extension, or grants program. Examples may include performing a variety of recurring professional, scientific, technical or administrative tasks, including selecting work methods, planning and carrying out routine work, solving minor problems, performing scientific analysis or technical writing in support of projects assigned to senior team members, etc.
3. Choose one answer below that best describes your education and/or experience for the GS-11 level.A. I have one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in federal service which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped me with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Qualifying experience should demonstrate progressively more responsible and independent work with all segments of a research, education, extension, or grants program, including providing technical assistance in implementing or modifying program requirements, performing preliminary reviews of new program information, etc.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Provides administrative or technical support to an agricultural or food-related research, education or extension project/program.
5. Assists with the management of a competitive grants program for a funding agency.
6. Works with and provides technical assistance to grantees on such items as eligibility and administrative requirements.
7. Writes research papers analyzing data.
8. Assists in or leads the development and implementation of a food safety/food science research, education, or extension project/program.
9. Serves in a lead role in a research, education, or extension grants process, specifically related to food safety/food science.
10. Participates in a research, education, or extension grants proposal process.
11. Writes news releases, educational or outreach materials, feature articles, briefings, fact sheets, or publications under tight deadline pressure.
12. Applies recent developments and research techniques used in agricultural or food safety/food science disciplines to analyze and interpret information.
13. Performs research, education, extension, or other equivalent work with support from a grants program.
14. Develops, schedules, or coordinates program/project plans, milestones, and deadlines.
15. Analyzes routine program data.
16. Forecasts long-range program trends.
17. Tracks and monitors program effectiveness.
18. Performs statistical analysis of programmatic data.
19. Maintains a database tracking system that includes items such as milestones, deadlines, budgets.
20. Monitors or evaluates progress of funded proposals.
21. Provides guidance to applicants on program requirements.
22. Prepares and edits text that includes incorporating graphs, charts, etc., to communicate a wide variety of program information.
23. Gives presentations on a regular and recurring basis, including management or peer level presentations, conference presentations, presentations to public or private organizations, delivery of training courses, etc.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
24. If you fail to respond to this item, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.