Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 847850
Supervisory International Broadcaster (Greek)
All biographic information is required, except for your telephone number and the contact time.
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
These dates are required if you have claimed Veterans' Preference unless you have claimed derived Preference (i.e., widows, spouse, etc.)
Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please take a moment and tell us how you heard about the opportunity at our agency.
If you have selected "News Paper" or "Other", please provide us with the name of the source. (i.e. websites, Washington Post, etc.)
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
In this section indicate if you are a surplus or displaced Federal employee requesting special priority consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP).
Note: To receive consideration for CTAP or ICTAP, you must submit the necessary supporting documentation. Refer to the vacancy announcement for additional information and instructions.
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
The following question will address your minimum qualification. Please review the question and consider your answer carefully. Choose only one answer, Yes or No.A- Yes.
1. Do you have one year of specialized experience which is directly related to this line of work AND must be bilingual with excellent command of ENGLISH and GREEK languages, in order to read, write and translate with accurate fluency?
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Examples of some of this experience includes, editorial direction in leading a staff of broadcasters and editors who produce content for TV, radio and Internet programming, AND provides advice, counsel, direction and guidance to subordinate personnel on the implementation of policies and procedures.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Understanding Broadcast journalistic writing and editing principles and practices.
3. Understanding international TV, radio and Internet broadcasting, including production techniques and the special characteristics of shortwave and/or satellite TV broadcasts.
4. Applying journalistic writing and editing principles and practices to the selection and production of material for TV, radio and Internet broadcasts.
5. Proper use of the technical tools for TV, radio and Internet broadcasting to write and edit effective programs.
6. Make sound recommendations for implementation of policy and procedural changes.
7. Exercise management principles and practices such as; supervisory and interpersonal skills required to motivate, direct, develop and evaluate a staff to achieve the maximum possible productivity and creativity.
8. Managerial skill to plan and coordinate multi-faceted programming, to implement TV, radio and Internet programming and production innovations, and to exploit new broadcast technologies as they become available.
9. Understanding administrative concerns and requirements for the efficient utilization of financial, personnel and equipment resources.
10. Up-to-date knowledge of current U.S. foreign and domestic policies including U.S. relations with and foreign policy toward Greece.