Please indicate below how you would like to be considered for this position. You may make more than one selection as applicable. You will only be considered under the options you have selected, so please choose carefully.
MERIT PROMOTION You may apply under Merit Promotion procedures if you meet the requirements for one of the following categories:
1. Current competitive service NIFA employees with career or career-conditional status applying for promotion to a position at a higher grade level than your current permanent position in the competitive service.
If applying based on #1 above, you must provide a copy of your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing tenure group 1 or 2 in block 24. You should also submit your most recent performance appraisal.
NON-COMPETITIVE AUTHORITY - You may apply under Non-Competitive procedures if you meet the requirements for one of the following categories:
1. C urrent competitive service Federal employees with career or career-conditional status who hold a position with the same or higher promotion potential as the position applying for; or former competitive service Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility who held a position with the same or higher promotion potential as the position applying for. You must provide a copy of the SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing the same or higher promotion potential as that of the position applying for (i.e. initial hire action, promotion action or reassignment action.) Do not submit SF-50s for awards, within grade increases or pay adjustments.
2. Veterans eligible for a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA). You must submit a copy of your DD-214. NOTE: VRA only applies to positions at the GS-11 level and below.
3. 30% or more disabled veterans. You must submit your DD-214 and a completed SF-15.
4. Military spouses whose active duty military spouse: 1) receives a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move; 2) has a 100% disability rating; or 3) died while on active duty. For further information and eligibility criteria, please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shams/index.aspx#msaa.
5. Persons with disabilities eligible for a Schedule A appointment. You must provide proof of disability and certification of job readiness.
6. Former Peace Corps or VISTA volunteers. You must provide documentation as proof of non-competitive eligibility.
7. Employees in the excepted service under an OPM approved Interchange Agreement.
1. Select the statement below which best describes your educational qualifications for the GS-1701 General Education and Training Series.A. I have a bachelor's degree (or higher) that included or was supplemented by major study, at least 24 semester hours, in education or in a subject-matter field appropriate to the position (such as food or agricultural sciences).
2. Do you have at least one year specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level? Specialized experience includes independent direction and leadership of a higher education program. Examples may include serving as a Department Chair, Director, Assistant Dean, or Dean of a higher education program.A. Yes
3. Have you provided analyses of education and training programs in the food and agricultural sciences, as exemplified by work in secondary and/or post-secondary institutions, or merit/peer-reviewed publications?A. Yes
4. Have you composed articles, reports, and/or presentations on education and training programs in the food and agricultural sciences geared to outreach or other related situations?A. Yes
5. Have you planned and executed education and training programs in the food and agricultural sciences which have impacted student learning or enhanced institutional programs in innovative ways?A. Yes
6. Have you planned and executed research capacity building programs in the food and agricultural sciences which have impacted student learning or enhanced institutional programs in innovative ways?A. Yes
Be sure your resume clearly presents your technical competence as it relates to establishing and leading programs and formulating technical recommendations or solutions to critical national issues in food and agricultural sciences research, education, or extension. Please indicate in the space below where this experience may be found in your resume (i.e. employment dates, employer, and position title).
7. Have you led a state, regional, or national strategic planning process which resulted in establishing program goals, priorities, and evaluation of programs, including making staff assignments and allocating resources to implement the plan?A. Yes
Be sure your resume clearly presents your experience in developing program goals and priorities, determining and adjusting resource needs, and providing program leadership, specifically related to education and training programs in food and agricultural sciences. Please indicate in the space below where this experience may be found in your resume (i.e. employment dates, employer, and position title).
8. Have you interacted with Federal or State/Local government agencies on a regular and recurring basis relating to the instruction, science, utilization, and/or management of food and agricultural sciences programs?A. Yes
9. Have you interacted with Tribal organizations or Public/Private organizations on a regular and recurring basis relating to the instruction, science, utilization, and/or management of food and agricultural sciences programs?A. Yes
10. Have you interacted with educational institutions on a regular and recurring basis relating to the instruction, science, utilization, and/or management of food and agricultural sciences programs?A. Yes
11. Have you facilitated the resolution of competing or conflicting interests among co-workers whose cooperation was essential to the success of a project?A. Yes
12. Have you interacted with others and performed effectively in situations where frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events arise that cause major shifts in priorities, timetables, or work assignments?A. Yes
13. Have you negotiated with or influenced others in order to resolve issues or gain their commitment to pursue or adopt new initiatives, technologies or methods?A. Yes
14. Have you provided direction, guidance, or instruction to members of interdisciplinary teams charged with carrying out a technical project?A. Yes
15. Have you administered consequences, held others accountable, and enforced program policies and standards in the workplace?A. Yes
16. Have you built and sustained working relationships with outside persons in order to obtain information or commitments to taking action?A. Yes
17. Have you independently written correspondence to the general public and high ranking officials?A. Yes
18. Have you independently written briefings or testimony for Congressional hearings?A. Yes
19. Have you independently written position or issue papers, especially on controversial issues?A. Yes
20. Have you independently written policy analyses?A. Yes
21. Have you independently written legislative proposals?A. Yes
22. Have you independently written budget support, justification, impact, and analysis?A. Yes
23. Have you independently written newsletters or press releases?A. Yes
24. Have you independently written guidelines or procedural instructions for implementing new initiatives or systems?A. Yes
25. Have you determined stakeholder expectations and planned the project scope, content, and schedule to meet them?A. Yes
26. Have you set project goals, milestones, and expectations?A. Yes
27. Have you planned and assigned work assignments for project/team members?A. Yes
28. Have you reviewed completed work for technical adequacy and timeliness?A. Yes
29. Have you resolved conflicts, differences, or problems among project/team members?A. Yes
30. Have you reported progress to senior management?A. Yes
31. Have you been an administrative or technical supervisor as a regular, recurring part of your job?A. Yes
If you answered yes to the question above, please indicate in the space below where this experience may be found in your resume (i.e. employment dates, employer, and position title). Be sure your resume describes your supervisory experience, including the number of employees supervised, years of service as a supervisor, level of responsibility, as well as information on your ability to formulate goals, provide oversight to a diverse workforce, utilize human resources, and evaluate programs.
32. Which of the following best describes your experience supporting equal opportunity goals and workforce diversity program?A. I have not had education, training, or experience supporting equal opportunity goals or workforce diversity.
33. Have you developed and monitored program budgets? This includes analyzing financial reports; providing data to support requests for funding through development of cost trends, unit cost data, and projected costs of programs; and collecting and confirming final project costs and amounts expended.A. Yes
Be sure your resume clearly presents your experience in financial management or budget administration. Please indicate in the space below where this experience may be found in your resume (i.e. employment dates, employer, and position title).
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
34. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.