Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one response that best describes how your background meets the basic experience/training requirements for a Masonry Worker, WG-3603-07 position. Read all of the responses before making your selection. MARK ONLY ONE RESPONSE. If you select more than one response, or leave this question blank you will be rated ineligible. If you do not meet these minimum qualifications, you will be shown as ineligible and will not receive consideration for this position.
THE RESUME OR APPLICATION MATERIALS YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWERS YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION, OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
Knowledge of technical practices of traditional Hawaiian masonry work.
For the questions below, please select from A through E to indicate the skill level that you possess for each task listed. The questions were developed based on the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies needed to perform the work of this position. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your answers to the questions below, in your resume or application materials. It is important that your application package you submit include a resume or application form that clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience as described in your application packet submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or for firing you after you begin work.
2. Follow Federal and/or State standards and guidelines in the performance of masonry work for the preservation of historic structures. (Be sure to describe this experience in your application material).
3. Perform or lead masonry work that included maintenance, repair, and construction of traditional Hawaiian structures and surfaces. (Be sure to describe this experience in your application material).
4. Apply preservation trade techniques in the repair or maintenance of historic buildings, features, exterior or interior projects.
Ability to interpret and follow instructions.
5. Complete work assignments following oral or written instructions.
6. Training/experience in reading blueprints.
Knowledge of measurement and lay out.
7. Lay out and build rock walls using dry stone construction techniques.
8. Lay out measuring tools based on blueprints, drawings, or hand sketches.
Ability to safely use and maintain tools and equipment.
9. Safely use and maintain a variety of hand and power tools
10. Follow safety procedures and use safety equipment when performing duties.
11. Organize necessary tools, equipment and materials.
Knowledge of Hawaiian masonry materials.
12. Perform masonry repairs or construction of structures using a variety of stone.
13. Select material to match the original fabric and appearance of historic property commonly found in Hawaii. (Be sure to describe this experience in your application material).
14. Control invasive weeds and brush around archeological sites, historic properties, historic and/or prehistoric ruins and/or cultural landscapes..
15. Identify plants exotic and native to Hawaii in a field setting.
16. Conduct mechanical treatments on invasive plants including the use of chain saws, string trimmers, shovels, and other hand and power tools.
Ability to follow safe work practices in extreme environments.
17. Follow established safety procedures and use prescribed safety equipment when performing duties.
18. Organize necessary tools, equipment and materials based on project requirements.
19. Perform strenuous manual work requiring frequent lifting and moving of objects and/or materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
20. Perform strenuous manual labor such as setting heavy stones, strapping and setting submerged heavy stones.
21. Safely use heavy machinery for the placement of material in a variety of conditions.
22. Perform work in a dry, hot environment requiring significant endurance for sustained periods of time.