THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. Select the choice that best describes your specialized experience for the GS-12.
Knowledge of theories, principles, and policies of the budget process.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop cost factors, ratios, tests, and other mathematical modules to evaluate status of funds and to determine the cost-benefit of alternative budget and program actions.
3. Utilize automated accounting tools to conduct detailed studies and analyze results.
4. Apply advanced analysis techniques to program data expressed in financial terms including detailed review of budget requirements for specific appropriation.
5. Prepare and/or provide special studies concerning resource impact, complex financial areas, and/or related budget planning systems.
6. Revise, plan, guide, and evaluate the development and implementation of methods and procedures for budget formulation and administration.
7. Monitor the execution of approved budget programs to ensure efficient use of funding.
8. Assist managers with setting program goals and alignment with budget decisions
9. Produce long and short term budget forecast and plans to fund substantial programs and projects.
10. Develop recommendations regarding the extent and kind of program adjustments required by ceiling allowances and appropriation actions, new legislation, or executive orders.
11. Develop adequate internal control system so that resources are efficiently and effectively managed.
12. Assure compliance with the Anti-Deficiency Act.
13. Serve as an authority on the interpretation of legislation, policies, and regulations in the execution of budgetary related responsibilities.
14. Monitor and report on the status and progress of work.
15. Lead planning activities and provide direction to a team to accomplish an assigned mission.
16. Identify, distribute, and balance workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established workflow, skill level and/or occupational specializations.
17. Make adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks.
18. Ensure each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product.
19. Ensure all team members are aware of and participate in project planning for achievement of team goals and objectives.
20. Prepare presentation to justify and support budget proposals.
21. Develop statistical reports using financial spreadsheets.
22. Write narrative financial reports.
23. Provide written recommendation for alternative problems/issues that impact program goals and objectives and budget proposals.