Enter/Select the occupational specialty code:
1. Please select the response below that best describes your experience in relation to the basic competencies required for this position.A. I possess IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies as defined:
2. Please select the response below which best describes your qualifications in relation to the specialized experience requirement for this position.A. I possess one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service: 1) providing guidance and training to staff in understanding and acquiring systems and software development skills; 2) managing the systems development life cycle for child support or other human services computer information systems, including the design, development, and implementation; 3) leading the planning and evaluation of computer systems development efforts while ensuring compliance with approved Advance Planning Documents (APDs); and 4) leading the development of Automated Data Processing (ADP) standards, guidelines, and policy to facilitate program operations and control of resources, reporting, and evaluation information.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Review requests for funding of the development of child support computer information systems and programs.
4. Coordinate requirements gathering, feasibility and analysis of child support programs or other human services programs.
5. Develop systems standard formats and data elements to implement statutory provisions with national implications, such as the National Information Exchange Model (NIEM).
6. Direct projects or special initiatives to assess programmatic issues impacting computer and technical systems policy objectives.
7. Lead the review of computer systems development efforts to assure compliance with approved Advance Planning Documents (APDs).
8. Develop project management plans to dictate work priorities for a project team.
9. Manage the contracting, procurement and/or acquisition for IT projects.
10. Analyze policy objectives to recommend new or improved technology and computer information systems solutions to the delivery of human services programs.
11. Lead staff in analyzing the potential impact of Federal and State legislation on computer information systems across an organization.
12. Direct staff in the implementation of policies governing computer systems across an organization.
13. Coordinate workshops, seminars and other educational venues for the dissemination of information related to the design, development, and implementation of computer information systems.
14. Facilitate meetings, conferences and negotiations with cross functional top-level staff on matters related to social services programs to provide guidance on the application of computer information systems.
15. Provide technical guidance on the preparation of APDs for Federal Financial Participation funding.
16. Dictate the standards that govern the functional characteristics, development criteria and methodologies, systems security features, and documentation requirements for various social services program offices.