PLEASE BE SURE TO DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE IN YOUR RESUME THAT SUPPORTS YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. It is important that your submitted application package clearly shows that you possess the experience and skill levels that you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume for this position. If not, your rating score will be adjusted or your application will be determined not qualified. The information you provide will be verified.
1. Please carefully read all of the responses below and select the letter corresponding to the statement that best describes your background related to this Supervisory Grants Management Specialist, GS-1109-15, position.A. I have at least one year of experience managing grant programs and supervising staff involved in the program and business management of grant programs at the federal level.
The following criteria will be used to evaluate your level of knowledge, skill, or ability in the areas required for this position. For each item, choose the statement (A,B,C,D,E) that best reflects your level of experience. If a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities.
KSA # 1 - Knowledge of supervisory management techniques and skills.
2. Experience supervising employees involved with programs of a technical nature, e.g. Investment Officers, Program Analysts, Fire Management Specialists, Grants Management Specialists and/or Financial Management Specialists. Experience includes responsibility for daily operations, supervision of employees and program management.
3. Experience using managerial or supervisory skills in coordinating the efforts of various personnel.
4. Experience supervising staff involved with federal grant administration - program and business functions (pre-award, award, post-award, and closeout). Experience includes responsibility for daily operations, supervision of employees and program management.
KSA # 2 - Knowledge of grant management rules, regulations, principles, and techniques as it relates to program and disaster grants.
5. Experience with the laws, regulations, policies, procedures, and principles applicable to grants management at the federal level.
6. Experience coordinating and facilitating regional grant programs at the state/federal level.
7. Serves as the authority on the interpretation and application of disaster assistance policies and directives as it relates to grants management functions.
KSA # 3 - Demonstrated experience in analyzing and developing solutions to complex problems and planning for future contingencies.
8. Experience analyzing various components of moderate to large programs, developing work plans to address identified needs, and planning for future contingencies.
9. Experience in coordinating and conducting studies, effectively analyzing data, and developing recommendations that are acceptable to an organization.
10. Experience in advising senior management on new developments, changing emphasis, or other events which could greatly impact the effect of grants management program delivery.
KSA # 4 - Ability to deal with a variety of individuals and groups on controversial issues in order to provide technical assistance to internal and external customers as well as assistance to grantees.
11. Experience writing plans, reports, and correspondence related to grants management for senior level officials.
12. Experience communicating orally with high-level officials, groups of people, and individuals regarding technical, complex and sometimes highly controversial grants management issues.
13. Experience in effectively and diplomatically dealing with customers, both internal and external, on a variety of complex and controversial issues related to grants management.