The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions about your eligibility, minimum qualifications,
and KSAs (knowledges, skills and abilities) related to this position.
ELIGIBILITY: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for this vacancy.
Area of Consideration - Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) in response to the following questions
1. I am a citizen of the United States.A. Yes
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. (To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, to serve
in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.)
3. Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to independently practice marriage and family therapy in a State?
4. Do you hold a master's degree in marriage and family therapy from a program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for
Marriage and Family Therapy Education (COAMFTE) or did you graduate from a nationally accredited program conferring a
comparable mental health degree (Social Work, Psychiatric Nursing, Psychology, and Psychiatry)?
5. In addition to the basic requirements, the GS-11 full performance level requires one of the following.A. Completion of a minimum of 1 year of post-master's degree experience in the field of health care marriage and family
VETERANS' PREFERENCE - Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under
honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have
received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between
August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than on the date prescribed by Presidential
proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to
provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service
connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point
6. Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your
7. Basic knowledge of human development throughout the lifespan, including interventions based on research and theory, family
and system interaction formal diagnostic criteria, risk assessment, evidence-based practice and assessment tools.
8. Ability to assess, with supervision, the psychosocial functioning and needs of patients and their family members, and the
knowledge to formulate, implement, and re-evaluate a treatment plan through continuous assessment identifying the patient's
problems, strengths, readiness to change, external influences and current events surrounding the origins and maintenance of
the presenting issue, and interactional patterns within the client system. This includes the utilization of testing measures
9. Ability to provide counseling and/or psychotherapy services to individuals, groups, couples and families in a culturally
competent manner that facilitates change through restructuring and reorganizing of the client system with supervision.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, colleagues, and other professionals, with
supervisory guidance as needed. This includes the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people
from varied backgrounds, and to communicate the MFT perspective in interdisciplinary staff meetings while respecting the roles and responsibilities of other professionals.
11. Basic knowledge and understanding of existing relevant statutes, case law, ethical codes, and regulations affecting
professional practice of marriage and family therapy. This includes the ability, under close supervision, to assist clients in
making informed decisions relevant to treatment, including limits of confidentiality.
12. Demonstrated knowledge and skill handling personnel responsibilities.
13. Ability to use computer software applications for drafting documents, data management, maintaining accurate, timely and
thorough clinical documentation, and tracking quality improvements.
14. Ability to provide orientation, training and consultation to new MFTs including clinical oversight of MFT graduate
students, and/or provide supervision to pre-licensure MFTs.
15. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true,
correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud
in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I
may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be
removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated
and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.