Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Information Technology Specialist ( Security)
Enter the lowest grade level (14-14) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
Please select one of the following to show what criteria you meet to apply under Merit Promotion procedures.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Please select the following response that indicates how you meet the basic requirement for the IT Specialist position at the GS-14 level. Please choose only one response, and be sure to document your claim in your application.A. I have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the following four competencies; (1) Attention to Detail - I am thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail; (2) Customer Service - I work with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems or satisfies their expectations; know about available products and services; am committed to providing quality products and services; (3) Oral Communication-I express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; make clear and convincing oral presentations; listen to others, attend to nonverbal cues, and respond appropriately; AND (4) Problem Solving-I identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendation. My resume indicates how I have met these qualifications.
2. Do you possess these additional qualifications for this position? You must provide documentation in your resume to support your statements.A. I have conducted risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs for trusted systems and have implemented security controls that align with a system’s minimum security requirements based on security categorization levels. I have recommended changes to improve security and operational practices including the architecture of network infrastructures, intrusion detection devices, virtual private networks, and encryption methods. I have interpreted and made recommendations on federal regulations, including OMB Circular A-130, Computer Security Act of 1987, Government Information Security Reform Act of 2000, the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security controls, such as Special Publication #800-53; and the NIST Risk Management Framework.
3. Please select the following response that most closely matches your level of specialized experience for this position. Please select only one response, and be sure to document your claim in your application.A. I have at least one full year of specialized experience at least equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service, designing, developing and managing information technology systems that meet current and future business requirements. I have experience developing metrics for the evaluation of program effectiveness for management. I have advanced level experience working with network operating systems, database management and data storage, network architecture, and conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of information systems. I have served as a technical consultant to managements and other technical specialists, with a focus on information technology security.
4. Do you possess an active CISSP certification? If so, please enclose copy of such certification in your application.A. Yes I do and have enclosed a copy of the certification.
For each task in the following group choose the statement from the Level Descriptions that best describes your experience and/or training in that task. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Plan and manage network systems used for the transmission of information in data format.
6. Monitor the performance of network systems to ensure applications meet technical and functional requirements and comply with regulatory requirements.
7. Develop secure technical architecture and plan for integrating security into organization's information technology programs.
8. Identify and implement best practices in computer security to organization.
9. Assess commercial-off-the-shelf products to insure adherence to established information security practices.
10. Assist in development and implementation of security policies for organization.
11. Conduct on-site and off-site security inspections.
12. Provide technical guidance on information technology security.
13. Recommend changes in policies and procedures within area of responsibility.
14. Serve as lead technical expert regarding appropriateness of information technology and security practices for electronic and printed media systems.
15. Maintain liaison with organization's security personnel and, when applicable, law enforcement agencies.
16. Provide briefings to managers and staff on information security issues.
17. Provide training to staff on security requirements and processes.
18. Represent program at meetings or committees with full policy and program knowledge and priorities.