Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 849152
Assistant United States Attorney
Enter the lowest grade level (21-21) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
For each of the following questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may only select one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess.
1. Do you have at least three full years (36 months) of experience as a licensed attorney (or law clerk) preparing for, participating in, and/or reviewing formal hearings or trials involving litigation at the federal, state, or local court level?A. Yes
If your answer is "Yes" in order for you to document that you meet this experience requirement, in the following text box you must fully describe the amount of time spent performing these activities as well as your actual litigation experience. If you do not provide sufficient information to show that you meet the minimum qualification requirement, you will be rated as ineligible. We will not request or accept additional information and/or clarification beyond what you provide in the following text box.
Your background will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required, and the extent to which your responses to this questionnaire show that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position of Assistant United States Attorney. When you are describing your experience, it is extremely important that you provide sufficient detail to show that you have completed, in the aggregate, the full year of experience. Therefore, you will need to quantify the time associated with any claimed experience in terms of the specific dates it was acquired, including the month and year for start and end dates (e.g., May 2009-December 2009). Also, if you provide an example of qualifying experience that overlaps with other non-qualifying experience, you must provide the percentage of time spent on each type of work.
In the text box below, describe your experience, if applicable, that relates to the litigation experience requirement as defined in Section I. Minimum Qualifications. Please pay special attention to the above instructions concerning specificity and detail.
2. All Assistant United States Attorney applicants are required to certify that they are duly licensed to practice law as an attorney at the time of filing, and were so licensed for at least one year prior to this application, under the laws of a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territorial court established under the United States Constitution. Do you meet this requirement?A. Yes - I hereby certify that I am duly licensed to practice law at the time of this filing for employment as an Assistant United States Attorney, am currently in good standing, and that I have been so licensed for at least one (1) year prior to this application, under the laws of a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territorial court established under the United States Constitution.
If you answered "Yes" (Item 2.A), use the text box below to list:
(A) All jurisdictions in which you are currently licensed to practice law;
(B) The date(s) of admission to the Bar in each jurisdiction in which you are currently licensed to practice law;
(C) Statement that you are a member of the bar in good standing, and
(D) The bar license number in each jurisdiction in which you are currently licensed to practice law. If a state in which you are licensed to practice law does not issue a bar license number, you must clearly state this fact in the text box below and still provide the remaining requested information.
If you answered "No" (Item 2.B), you will receive an ineligible rating.
NOTE: If you do not provide sufficient information to show that you meet the minimum licensure requirements, you will be rated as ineligible. We will not request or accept any additional information and or clarification beyond what you provide in the following text boxes.
3. Have you had experience trying cases in state or federal court?A. Yes - I have tried cases in either state or federal court.
If you answered "Yes" (Item 3.A), use the text box below to list the number and types of state and federal court cases you have tried and whether these were bench and/or jury trials. List specific types of cases you have tried such as: civil rights, immigration, terrorism and related crimes, violent crimes, commercial litigation, white collar crime, cybercrime, misdemeanors, public corruption, drug crimes, organized crime, property crimes, personal injury and others.
SECTION II. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Please answer YES, NO, or NOT APPLICABLE to the following condition of employment questions. If you respond "No" to any of these questions, you will be disqualified from further consideration.
4. A comprehensive background investigation, including a check of your credit history, is required for this position. Are you willing to authorize the release of your consumer/credit reports to DOJ in connection with your application for employment?A. Yes
5. A comprehensive background investigation, including a criminal history and fingerprint check is required for this position. Are you willing to submit your fingerprints to DOJ and consent to a formal background investigation in connection with your application for employment?A. Yes
6. A pre-employment drug screening is required for this position. Are you willing to undergo a drug screening?A. Yes
7. This position requires that you uphold the highest ethical standards, including maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information. Are you willing to abide by all policies and procedures governing the protection of sensitive information?A. Yes
8. If you are a male U.S. Citizen born after 31 December 1959, you are required to register with the Selective Service. Have you registered with the Selective Service? (Female applicants must select "C").A. Yes
9. Have you failed to file or pay state or federal taxes for any year you were required to file returns or are you currently delinquent in the payment of state or federal taxes? If yes, please use the narrative box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution of the delinquency.A. Yes
10. Are you delinquent in the payment of any student loans? If yes, please use the narrative box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution of the delinquency.A. Yes
11. Have you ever had a state bar complaint filed against you or had your conduct referred to a state bar in any jurisdiction? If you respond yes to this question, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully explain the circumstances, disclose the jurisdiction and the resolution.A. Yes
12. Has your conduct ever been referred to the Office of Professional Responsibility, Department of Justice? If yes, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution of the referral.A. Yes
13. Has any court ever issued any sanctions, monetary or otherwise, against you or your client arising out of your conduct? If yes, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and sanctions.A. Yes
14. Have you or your employer ever reported your conduct or performance to a professional liability carrier? If yes, please use the narrative text box at the end of this section to fully describe the circumstances and resolution.A. Yes
In the text box below, provide a thorough explanation of any "Yes" response to questions 9 through 14. Please pay special attention to the instructions for each question concerning specificity and detail.
SECTION IV. SALARY INFORMATION.
15. The current pay structure at DOJ-EOUSA is based on years of experience; thus, depending on your professional experience, we may not be able to meet your current salary. In order to provide a reference for possible future discussions, please indicate your current salary or most recent salary as a practicing attorney. As appropriate, please also indicate the minimum salary you would be willing to accept.
In the text box below, please indicate your current salary or most recent salary as a practicing attorney. As appropriate, please also indicate the minimum salary you would be willing to accept.
SECTION V. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
Certification of Information Accuracy
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration.
16. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibility may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.A. Yes, I certify/understand the information provided above.