Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level planning, developing and designing Information Technology infrastructure, network and engineering solutions that meet business needs and technical integration requirements; utilizing project management principles; providing oversight and technical guidance, implementing large-scale enterprise-wide Information Technology efforts and initiatives; defining standards and measures for quality Information Technology services and system implementation; developing or engineering solutions to resolve customer Information Technology incidences; identifying current and potential problems within an Information Technology operational environment, and providing technical advice, guidance and recommendations to senior management.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. Formulate operating polices, standards and guidelines for IT systems and implementations.
4. Establish Information Technology performance reporting metrics and submit operational reports accordingly.
5. Define standards and measures for quality Information Technology services and system implementations.
6. Establish and implement Information Technology requirements and solutions in compliance with organization/agency standards, and higher level policy directives governing infrastructure implementation and operation.
7. Anticipate and meet the needs of external and internal customers that are utilizing Information Technology infrastructure.
8. Implement and maintain Information Technology infrastructure to ensure expected and required user access to mission critical systems.
9. Develop and provide Information Technology incident management services.
10. Identifying current and potential problem areas within Information Technology programs that support the business operation.
11. Provide technical guidance to Information Technology technical operations teams, ensuring that the teams understand priorities and procedures.
12. Provide technical advice, training, and assistance to executive managers, Information Technology (IT) staff and customers regarding all aspects of IT infrastructure, network, and engineering.
13. Collaborate with other operational and organizational components to facilitate the development and delivery of Information Technology products and services.
14. Develop and provide technical engineering changes in response to customer Information Technology incidences.
15. Know and understand the technical and administrative program procedures to follow, and how to adapt to variations.
16. Identify problems and apply problem solving techniques to determine accuracy and relevance of information, generate and evaluate alternatives, and implement decisions.
17. Adjust short-term priorities of work and adapt to changes in program schedule.
18. Gather customer business requirements and transform them into Information Technology technical solutions that meet the customers' needs.
19. Plan, develop and analyze Information Technology engineering solutions for a large-scale Enterprise operation to meet business needs and technical integration requirements.
20. Evaluate proposed new or upgraded technologies and Information Technology systems in support of an Enterprise Operation for viability and compatibility.
21. Participate in team collaboration in coordinating, planning, analyzing and developing Information Technology (IT) solutions to problems related to IT infrastructure, network and engineering.
22. Interpreting high level and low level designs to ensure they map back to the technical requirements.
23. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.