1. Please indicate your eligibility to apply under Merit Promotion Procedures.A. I am a current or former civilian Federal employee in the competitive service who has: career or career-conditional status or reinstatement eligibility or are eligible under an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action showing time-in-grade (52 weeks at the next lower grade)
2. Please indicate your eligibility to apply non-competitively.A. You are a current or former civilian Federal employee who has held a permanent position in the competitive service with the same or higher promotion potential as this position or are eligible under an interchange agreement. You must submit a copy of your latest SF-50 Notification of Personnel Action.
THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THEANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one that BEST describes your experience that allows you to meet the qualification requirements of this Program Analyst position at the GS-12 grade level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations.
4. From the descriptions below, select the one that BEST describes your experience that allows you to meet the qualification requirements of this Program Analyst position at the GS-13 grade level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience applying analytical and evaluative methods to conducts management evaluations and analysis, identifying problems, developing correction actions and following through to problem resolution.
Knowledge of the principles of emergency planning and exercise development, and the ability to conduct cost-benefit or economic evaluations of programs.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, your score will be lowered or you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Gathers information, identify and analyze issues.
6. Recommending alternative courses of action based on knowledge of disaster response operations and logistics functions.
7. Performing cost-benefit analyses or economic evaluations of programs.
Skill in applying fact-finding and analytical techniques and methods used to gather and evaluate information and draw conclusions.
8. Conducts comprehensive analytical evaluation to facilitate program improvements and increase overall efficiency and effectiveness of logistics planning.
9. Plan, organize and direct or conducts analytical studies of a wide range of functions such as supply management, material maintenance management, transportation management and facilities management to support resource allocations and program planning.
Ability to conduct briefings that communicate facts and ideas for organizational improvement of programs and/or policies.
10. Present comprehensive briefings to senior managers on the results of special studies and program reviews.
11. Explain to various audiences findings and recommendations and solicit support for recommended courses of actions.
Knowledge of the overall planning and execution of operations and evaluations.
12. Develops long-term plans in support of national or regional all-hazards mission requirements.
13. Leading projects to integrate Federal incident response and recovery plans into an integrated system.
Ability to gather, assemble and analyze facts, devise recommended solutions and package the entire process in papers or reports suitable for management.
14. Recommends substantive documentation of guidance and procedures.
15. Perform data searching techniques to obtain information used in reports for consolidation into overall logistics movement nationwide.