1. Select the statement that best describes your eligibility to apply for this merit promotion status vacancy. You must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility with your application. See instructions under the "How to Apply" tab for submitting documentation.A. Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Federal Employee
The following question will be used to determine your eligibility under a Special Hiring Authority. If you select a Special Hiring Authority from the list below, you MUST supply proof/documentation or you will not receive consideration under the Special Hiring Authority. NOTE: Please answer this question only if you chose the letter C for question number one.
2. If you are eligible to be noncompetitively considered for this vacancy under a special hiring authority, please select which special hiring authority for which you are eligible from the list below. You can only make one selection.
All applicants must meet the basic qualification requirement for this position.
3. Please select the response which best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirement for the Supervisory Librarian.
The following question will be used to determine your minimum qualifications for the Supervisory Librarian.
4. From the descriptions below, select one statement that best describes your experience to qualify for this position at the grade GS-13.
Expert knowledge of collection development, electronic library resources, and library applied information technology.
From the following items, select the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Manage a Library branch's resources including staff and budgetary expenditures for print and non-print resources.
6. Build and maintain a reference and circulating collection to support public policy research needs for staff members.
7. Make recommendations for discarding of superseded materials and development or strengthening of subject areas of a collection.
Demonstrated strong skills in developing and carrying out administrative activities of a library in order to manage the budgets, programs, direct and lead library staff members.
8. Plan, direct, and manage the activities of a Library branch.
9. Coordinate and monitor all orders for additions to the Library's collections and determine whether the items meet policy criteria for purchase.
10. Orient new staff members to their work and to the policies and procedures that govern their work.
11. Provide general and specialized reference assistance to senior officials, analysts and other staff members.
12. Provide instructions to researchers in procedures for using a Library's collections.
Ability to plan, develop and manage administrative activities of a library system concerned with a variety of public policy issues.
13. Train and guide librarians in the use of printed and online information sources.
14. Train staff members on searching techniques for complex questions in such areas as public policy, law, science, foreign affairs, defense and trade; government and finance.
15. Establish and update directives, policies and procedures for providing information services.
16. Contribute to the development of information content for the Library's intranet site (e.g., reports, web sites, and scholarly articles).
17. Keep informed of the most recent resources and latest developments in fields related to public policy, information technology and library and information science.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
18. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.